NIB is looking for a SENIOR MANAGER, ORIGINATION to join the Origination Unit
The Lending Department at NIB is looking for a SENIOR MANAGER, ORIGINATION to join the Origination Unit in Helsinki.
The role of the Origination Unit is to market, identify and process new loan projects that comply with NIB’s mission to finance investments that improve competitiveness and the environment of the Nordic and Baltic countries. The unit has the ultimate client responsibility. It is also important for the Origination Unit to establish and maintain contact with relevant companies, authorities and organisations as well as being able to develop and advise on financial structures suitable for financing the projects.
NIB’s Origination Unit is organised in sectors (Energy & environment; Infrastructure, transportation & telecom; Industries & services) and each originator is responsible for a portfolio of potential and existing clients located mainly in – but targeting increasingly outside – NIB’s member countries. The originator reports to the Head of the sector unit. The job involves considerable travelling.
We offer you:
- An interesting working environment in the heart of Helsinki that provides an opportunity to gain a new perspective on the financial industry based on our position as an International Financial Institution owned by the Nordic and Baltic countries
- A knowledgeable team to support you in your role
- NIB welcomes expatriate employees and their families, and will help in making relocation and integration as smooth as possible.
- Special benefits are available for foreign staff moving to Helsinki for the purpose of taking up this position.
Qualifications and experience:
- A university degree preferably in Finance, Business Administration, Engineering or similar.
- A minimum of 7 years’ relevant experience (e.g. banking, finance).
- Relevant experience and an established contact network in NIB’s member countries in one or several of the following sectors: Energy & environment; Infrastructure, transportation & telecom; Industries & services.
- Previous experience of working with financing of renewable energy, investment projects improving the environment, infrastructure projects or corporate lending would be considered an asset.
- A proven track record demonstrating a solid capability of working throughout the whole credit and project lifecycle.
- The position requires strong team-working, communications and negotiation skills as well as the ability to understand the client’s needs
- Fluency in English and one of the Scandinavian languages is a prerequisite.
Additional information about the position can be obtained from Søren Kjær Mortensen, Head of Origination (+358 10 618 001, firstname.lastname@example.org). For general information about employment at the Bank, please contact Joanna Södergård, HR Business Partner (+358 10 618 001, email@example.com).
NIB can offer you unique challenges in an international setting. The projects we finance are long-term and serve the purpose of making the Nordic-Baltic region sustainable and competitive. You will work with projects at different stages of their lifecycle, providing you with a full view of the whole credit process. The fact that we are an IFI gives you the chance to network with international experts at higher levels than elsewhere. We are a close network of some 200 people located in the heart of Helsinki. The atmosphere is international and we work in English. For information about the Nordic Investment Bank, please see NIB’s home page, www.nib.int.
The deadline for applications is 15 September 2017. To apply, please fill in the application form on NIB’s website, www.nib.int (Job opportunities).