Manager – Finance & Accounting
We are now recruiting a key position on the behalf of our client Gilead Sciences in the Nordics. The position as Manager - Finance & Accounting is a combined role that consists of approx. 80% Financial Controlling for the Nordics and 20% Business Controlling for the oncology business. As Manager - Finance & Accounting you will have the overall responsibility for the accounting and financial process (Financial controlling) for the Nordics. In addition, you will have a Month end closing responsibility for Sweden and Finland. The focus of making sure that the accounting is correct and reported in time makes up the majority of the role. The role also includes the responsibility for the Oncology Business Controlling operations across the Nordics. The position reports into the Finance Director Nordics and is placed in the Solna office in Sweden.
- Be the first contact for Financial Shared Service Center (FSS) and Center of Excellence (CoE) Controllership when it comes to general questions, updates and non-country specific Nordic controllership issues
- Review and approve accounting transactions and account reconciliations, providing relevant fiscal information to executive management team and CoE.
- Manages, prepares, administers, and directs the accounting close and financial reporting process for Sweden and Finland.
- In close collaboration with FSS in Cork, Ireland, maintain Swedish and Finnish ledger integrity and ensure financial compliance with the worldwide Controller’s manual and to all applicable laws and regulations.
- Business partner to the Oncology franchise in the Nordics. Act as the primary contact between Local Oncology commercial, Local Finance and Finance CoE based in Stockley Park, London.
- Leads the Oncology revenue and OPEX planning cycles (Budget / LE) through close business partnering with the Oncology commercial team.
- Consults with business partners to evaluate the costs and benefits associated with various financial decisions.
- BA or BS degree in accounting or international equivalent with a solid Accounting background and the ability to manage a month end and year end closing and reporting of Nordic subsidiaries
- Experience from working in a multi-Nordic organization and solid knowledge of Nordic VAT & Tax
- Thorough understanding of general accounting principles and preferably US GAAP revenue recognition through Financial Controlling experience or similar. Being able to explain the principles above for non-finance professionals.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle or equivalent is essential. Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Outlook, and Word) required.
- Ability to successfully manage the work of financial personnel and interact effectively with non-financial personnel.
- Experience of work through an international FSS is preferred.
- Experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry a plus.
- Excellent presentation skills, analytical skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to engage and manage multiple stakeholders to achieve the objective
- Analytical and curious mindset eager to understand and explain the assumptions and basis for assumptions in financial models.
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (Doing What’s Right),
- Teamwork (Working Together),
- Excellence (Being your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility).
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
If you are interested in being an important member of one of the leading global pharmaceutical companies, apply today. Please send your CV in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org