The Lending Department at NIB is seeking a Head of Sustainability and Mandate
- Act as a team leader to Sustainability and Mandate unit (7 team members) and as contact person for external mandate and sustainability issues.
- Procure that mandate ratings (encompassing an assessment of potential productivity gains and environmental benefits as well as realization risks) are prepared timely and comprehensively as required by the Bank’s deal flow, and presented to the decision-making bodies in the credit process.
- Provide thought leadership concerning mandate and sustainability, and promote and communicate the profile of the Bank in this regard
- Procure that ex-post mandate assessments are carried out and reported in accordance with the targets set by the Bank.
- Develop, produce and monitor the Bank’s mandate and sustainability policies and interact with other International Financial Institutions.
Candidates should have
- Profound experience from being responsible for sustainability or similar processes relevant for NIB’s mandate
- Experience of being in managerial positions and of leading expert teams and of successfully implemented and developed company-wide policies
- Great team-working and communication skills with an ability to create positive energy and momentum
- Strong strategic and stakeholder management skills and experience from working in an international environment
We offer you
- An interesting and inspiring working environment in the heart of Helsinki that provides an opportunity to gain a new perspective on the financial industry based on our position as an International Financial Institution owned by the Nordic and Baltic countries
- NIB warmly welcomes expatriate employees and their families, and will help in making relocation and integration as smooth as possible. Helsinki is a lively and modern Nordic capital with an international atmosphere.
The executive search firm Amrop is supporting NIB in the recruitment process. The consultants Mikael Edler (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Gustav Lund (email@example.com) will be pleased to answer questions regarding the assignment.
Applications, together with a CV, should be submitted in English and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 31 January 2018.
Please note that the evaluation of applications and the interview process will start immediately, so we recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible.
About the company
NIB can offer you unique challenges in an international setting. The projects we finance are often long-term and serve the purpose of making our region sustainable and competitive. Our unique position as an international financial institution (IFI) provides a novel perspective on the financial industry and a unique chance to widen your expertise. We are a close network of some 200 people located in the heart of Helsinki. The atmosphere is international and we work in English.