Group Internal Audit Manager to Intrum
Intrum is now looking for a communicative and business-oriented Group Internal Audit Manager to take on a key role in delivering Group Internal Audit’s objectives and added value to the Board, CEO and other stakeholders. This is done through leading the assurance activities for one of Intrum’s four regions, and to assist team members in other regions. This position offers a great opportunity to grow together with Intrum - the industry-leading provider of Credit Management Services. Intrum has exciting years to come in ensuring market leadership in every local market, continuing developing top edge credit management services and to be a proactive force for a healthy payment behaviour in society.
As Group Internal Audit Manager, you will be part of a team of five people based at the HQ in Stockholm. You will have close collaboration with the Regional Managing Director to understand your region’s specific strategies, risks and challenges as well as the ‘second line of defence’ functions Risk and Compliance. You are expected to lead your work independently with support from the Chief Audit Executive (CAE) to whom you report. Due to Intrum’s global presence and the nature of the position we expect you to be open for occasional travel in your work.
As a manager you are responsible for keeping up to date with activities and emerging risks in the region, delivering good quality audits, and ensuring that internal control deficiencies are remediated in a timely manner. Specific activities include:
- Create a risk based annual audit plan for the region for inclusion in the total plan
- Lead and conduct audits in the region (or as assigned by the CAE)
- Monitor progress of agreed actions and escalate concerns to the CAE
- Assess whether local regulations in any country stipulate a requirement for local internal audit, and if so assess that the governance, scope and work methods of that unit fulfills the regulatory requirements, as well as internal requirements
- Report significant events, emerging risks and any suspected or alleged fraud in the region to the CAE
- Keep regional management informed of audit activities, audit results and progress of management actions
- Create a quarterly report of audit activities and results for input to the Audit Committee reporting
To perform well in this role, we think you have sound reasoning and problem-solving skills together with a business minded approach and a strong moral compass. We also expect you to have:
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university, preferable within Business Administration, Finance, Audit or related field
- Around 10 years’ experience from internal or external audit, risk management, compliance or similar, in an international context
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (English), and a good facilitator for driving change
- Knowledge of and experience with internal auditing standards, IFRS and COSO
- Experience from the financial industry, credit management or debt collection are meritorious
- Computer science, data analytics training or similar is seen as a plus
Are you ready for the next exciting journey in your career?
In this recruitment Intrum is cooperating with Human Capital. To apply for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference MS/1528. For questions please contact responsible recruiters at Human Capital: Mikael Schmidt 070-415 85 13 or Max Hedgren 070-777 50 36.
Intrum is the industry-leading provider of Credit Management Services with a presence in 24 markets in Europe. Intrum helps companies prosper by offering solutions designed to improve cash flows and long-term profitability and by caring for their customers. To ensure that individuals and companies get the support they need to become free from debt is one important part of the company’s mission. Intrum has more than 8,000 dedicated and empathetic professionals who serve more than 100,000 companies across Europe. In the 12 months ending September 2017, pro-forma revenues amounted to SEK 12,1 billion. Intrum is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden and the Intrum share is listed on the Nasdaq Stockholm exchange. For further information, please visit www.intrum.com