Investment Manager, Swedfund
Do you want to help reduce poverty in the world through sustainable investments? We are now looking for an Investment Manager to join Swedfund’s investment team.
Swedfund International AB is the Swedish government’s development finance institution. Through sustainable investments in local businesses we contribute to economic, environmental and social development in emerging markets in Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe.
Since 1979, Swedfund has been engaged as an active, responsible and long-term investor in more than 260 companies worldwide. Swedfund provides equity, loans and expertise, and invests on commercial terms together with strategic partners. At the end of 2017, we had 65 investments in 27 countries, of which more than 62% were located in Africa.
Swedfund has an experienced investment team with extensive knowledge of our four strategic sectors; energy and climate, financial institutions, healthcare and Swedish Partnerships. Swedfund has offices in Stockholm, Sweden, and Nairobi, Kenya with a total of 39 employees.
As an Investment Manager, you work with investments and loans in challenging and interesting countries. You lead the process in all phases of an investment or lending including e.g. the preparation of investment memorandums, reporting, financial analysis, risk assessments and modelling. You will also produce ad-hoc analyses and participate in organization-wide projects. The position requires frequent travelling to the markets we work in.
· Strong academic record and at least a Bachelor’s degree; preferably in finance, economics, engineering, business administration or equivalent
· Genuine interest in sustainability matters
· Approximately 5 years of relevant work experience (e.g. investment banking, management consulting, private equity, corporate finance, corporate development / strategic planning, structured finance or similar)
· Strong quantitative skills including e.g. experience with financial modelling (Excel), financial analysis and valuation.
· Experience with loans and credit risk analysis is very meriting
· Experience leading projects / processes
· Experience from / interest in developing countries
· Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal. Additional language skills is an advantage
· Ability to work efficiently as part of a team and contribute to a positive team culture
· International experience (work experience, internship or similar) is an advantage
Last application date is May 25th; applications will be processed continuously. We cooperate with Navigio on this recruitment. If you have questions about the role you are welcome to contact Amanda Johansson via email@example.com.
Please register your application at www.navigio.se or www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/668946679.