Financial Controller to leading Real Estate Investment company
Finance Recruitment is now on behalf of NREP looking for a Financial Controller to strengthen the Financial Controlling team. This position provides an excellent opportunity to work in a highly professional environment. The team is responsible for establishing and overseeing the accounting and financial controlling performed by external service providers for Group management companies, operating platforms and managed funds. The position is located at NREP’s office in Stockholm City.
The team today consists of 6 Financial Controllers, responsible for Denmark, Finland, Luxembourg, Norway and Sweden. The team reports to the Head of Nordic Accounting & Financial Control.
- Act as the second line of defense by performing “risk driven” quality checks on work performed by external accounting providers and ensuring that accounting and financial reporting are appropriately performed including reconciliations, consolidations, documentation etc. and that issues are appropriately resolved or escalated
- Development of NREP financial control framework
- Defining NREP accounting principles – local GAAP and IFRS and managing the implementation of new accounting principles
- Supporting external accounting providers in areas of significant estimate and judgement
- Enhancement and alignment of financial closing processes
- Managing budgeting and forecasting
- Overseeing the financial reporting and tax reporting processes - in particular the application of NREP policies across all locations
- You have a strong knowledge of accounting, reporting and internal control
- Self-starter, independent worker who is assertive, enthusiastic and takes full ownership
- Excellent problem analysis and solving skills in a complex and fast-moving environment
- You have the ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as individually
- Fluent in English and Swedish; both spoken and written
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree within relevant field and at least 4-5 years relevant work experience
NREP is a real estate company with the vision of making real estate better. They take a multi-stakeholder approach and utilizes a wide range of disciplines to develop real estate and services that create long-term value for tenants, investors and the wider communities in which they invest.
NREP has over 120 dedicated professionals and is controlled and fully owned by the team of partners with backgrounds from top-tier real estate firms, management consultancies and investment banks.
For NREP it is important to create real estate that enriches people’s lives. They combine a long term holistic approach with customer focus to provide better real estate offerings to people of all ages and to create healthy sustainable communities.
NREP has a track record of success through the economic cycle, consistently outperforming relevant benchmarks every year, with no single year of losses. They currently have assets under management of € 4 billion and have been named the most consistently outperforming private equity real estate investment manager by Preqin.
NREP prides itself of its ambitious, experienced and talented people, who have accomplishments that truly stand out in the industry. They are proud of the entrepreneurial environment, their shared values and the strong commitment to each other. Together NREP dare to innovate and challenge status quo, which has been a key to their success as a firm.
Learn more about NREP business and products on the website: https://nrep.com/
If you are interested, please click on the ‘apply now’ button with ref.1020 and FC in the subject line.