Innovation Director to Zound Industries
Work at Zound
About the role
At Zound innovation is at the heart of what we do. In the ten years we’ve been making headphones and speakers they have transformed from simple wired devices into high-tech, connected systems. To continue driving this work and ensuring that innovation is embedded across the whole organization, while putting user experience first - we are now recruiting an Innovation Director.
This key role will work at the highest level - reporting into the CEO - and across the entire organization. One day you will be working with the management team setting the strategic direction, the next validating innovation and tech level with product owners and others involved in the design and development process.
As the Innovation Director your role will be to create new experiences for our consumers, introduce new technology to our products, identify new partnerships as well as leading research and validations into future business opportunities.
Partnerships are a reality of the technology industry. This role will be an important part in the discussions and cooperation with our tech partners together with the line managers. Our ambition is to drive and secure highly collaborative partnerships that really have great value for all parties, especially end-users.
As a first step you will define and secure an innovation process and ways of working, including setting up a small team. Working with this team, other internal colleagues and external partners you will embed high levels of tech and innovation in our product roadmaps, while securing the necessary research and validation.
On top of this, you will activate innovation across the whole company and beyond – developing, coordinating and running innovation activities on a global scale with both internal and external stakeholders.
Key responsibilities but not limited to:
- Define the process and a structured way of working for managing innovation within Zound. This involves scootering and standardizing market research methods for novel ideas and insights, strategic innovation, promoting open innovation and introducing tools and processes that encourage creative thinking.
- Implementation of Zound’s innovation process throughout the company and at all levels – for example through training and applying measures to track improvements in innovation.
- Analyzing trends and market disruptions as well as searching for emerging new opportunities and securing approval of innovation themes for further research and validation.
- Be an adequate counterpart for specific tech and other strategic partnerships. Engage with these partners to secure and drive alignment of tech and product roadmaps with line management. Plus evaluate and develop new collaborations.
- Create, evaluate and analyze technology proposals, partnerships, etc. for new product lines and business opportunities and deliver an efficient hand over to line management for implementation.
- Lead and drive specific innovation projects with both internal and external partners, including allocating resources, setting up teams and securing capabilities.
- Monitoring the progress of a range of ongoing initiatives and reporting on progress of innovation activities and projects to the CEO and the management team.
- Extensive experience of driving strategic innovation projects and processes in a consumer product environment were tech has a significant impact on the consumer experience.
- Innovative mindset with a strong desire to reach achievable and cost-effective results.
- Proven track record of bringing products to market plus a good understanding of the full design and product development process including go to market.
- Have a strong appreciation for market trends / insights and tech trends / roadmaps and how to secure purchase in the consumer journey, with a focus on consumer experience.
- With a collaborative mindset plan, co-ordinate and introduce ideas and reach agreements for innovation projects and initiatives, using multiple formal and informal influencing techniques and excellent project management skills.
- Able to demonstrate reuse analysis work or models in different contexts.
- A proven track record of championing innovation to tight timescales and successfully implementing projects that deliver significant customer benefit or cost/productivity improvement.
- A great communicator proven to engage audiences both internally and externally.
- Engineering degree.
- A business / finance / marketing degree or other relevant business / commercial experience is preferable.
- Proven excellence in leadership both of direct reports and project teams in a matrix format.
- Proven experience of leading an innovation function at a group level.
- Experience of working in environments where product development is a high priority and of strategic importance.
Does this sound like you?
So, if you are up to the task of being responsible for driving innovation for a fast-moving organization in constant change, this job is a perfect match for you. Please send us your resume and along with description about why you’d like to join us as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously.