Compliance Manager – Scania Credit Group
Scania Credit Group (SCA), Scania Financial Services business unit, serves customers, dealers and distributors in 18 different markets through established local leasing companies or cross border financing. The Head Office/Market Support centre is based in Södertälje, supporting the local markets with Governance, Management Administration and Systems. In the markets where we operate, Scania Credit finance more than two thirds of Scania’s sales. Over 75 dedicated professionals manage a portfolio consisting of trucks, buses, coaches and trailers representing 455 MEURO of assets. Scania Credit AB is an Financial Service Company, based in Sweden, supporting unregulated and regulated leasing companies under local requirements.
Scania Credit Group decided to set up a risk and compliance function at the head office given the speed, complexity and ever-changing regulatory requirements in the financial services industry. The goal is to enhance the overall risk and compliance culture in the organization by continuing improvements, and the main focus is to provide a strategic platform for the risk and compliance area supporting the central management in how to apply compliance as an operational strategy in order to succeed with meeting the organizations challenges and reaching the set long term vision and targets.
The main purpose of the role is to provide support and guidance to key staff at the SCA head office in regards to risk and compliance. The compliance manager will work closely with the management team and support/assist them in their board of director responsibilities.
Your principle duties include:
- Provide strategic support (framework, policies, guidelines etc.) to the management team and specifically the compliance committee
- Identify risks to fulfil its obligations pursuant to laws and other regulations applicable to business operations
- Provide guidance and support to the business, Management and to local compliance responsibles, in order to ensure that compliance risks are managed in the first line of defence
- On-going analysis of global regulatory watch/outlook (primarily in Europe)
- Monitor and perform activities to ensure that the risks are managed by the relevant functions in order to identify any possible non-compliance
- Be an in-house resource and/or project leader for various compliance re projects on already established markets
- Identify compliance issues that impact the business and to ensure these are reported to the Managing Director and Board of Directors
- Conduct ad-hoc activities based on request from the head office
- Be a driver for good compliance culture within the organization; inform and provide training to staff concerning new or amended regulatory frameworks
- Participate in any change process with regard to new or modified products, services, markets, processes and IT systems, in order to verifythat changes are performed in line with regulatory requirements
- Participate and share knowledge in the global compliance network
The work will be driven in project form from SCA central office, involving resources from local markets. Position requests active cooperation with internal and external stakeholders and covers as well new markets and distributor financing activities. CM will report directly to SCA CFO and functional reporting line to the Compliance Manager at Financial Services head office, the position has no direct coordinates.
You will be joining a global team based in Södertälje, but the position could also be placed in Bucharest or Zagreb. International travel is expected for this position.
We are looking for someone who has a high level of personal integrity, is driven and self-motivated, takes own initiatives, possesses excellent communication skills and a business minded team player who is used of working in an international environment with people of various background and nationality. You are motivated by challenges which include operations in growing markets and are not afraid of continuously changing and new circumstances to which you will need to adapt.
You have a university degree in finance, law or similar and several years of relevant experience of driving compliance work within a financial organization that has generated improvements and understands the need for behavioural change. To be successful in this role you need to be able to communicate effectively at all levels of the business and must have a desire to develop and coach others. Proficiency in English is essential for this role.
A value driven company, professional development and interesting job opportunity
Possibility to influence and develop the company
An international organisation with highly skilled colleagues
To get further information about the role and function, please contact Lilia Shendrik, CFO Scania Credit AB, tel. +46 736685606.
Your application shall be in English and contain personal letter and CV.
Selections will be made on an ongoing basis throughout the application period.
Please apply through http://www.scania.com/group/en/available-positions/ in order for us to get correct information. In case of problems during applying at scania.com, send Your application to email@example.com
Important! Refer to Scania Job Id 20173843 in the headline and enclose Your CV, personal letter and relevant copies of grades (only in word or pdf-format). We also need Your full name, address, e-mail and cell phone no in order to register Your application. We will not manage incomplete mail applications.
About the job
- Title: Compliance Manager – Scania Credit Group
- Business area: Finance
- Country: Sweden
- City: Sodertalje
- Last application date: 2017-10-05
- Job Id: 20173843
Scania Credit is a group of financing companies within the Scania Financial Services organisation. We specialise in financing and insurance solutions to Scania customers on emerging markets in more than 10 countries, mainly in Central and Eastern Europe. Our group, together with representation offices and operational subsidiaries, is managed by our dedicated staff of about 70 people in offices in Almaty, Belgrade, Bucharest, Kiev, Ljubljana, Sarajevo, Sofia, Södertälje, and Zagreb. The Group Head Office, as well as the legal unit Scania Credit AB, is based in Södertälje where we offer cross border financing solutions to customers in Eastern Europe and Middle East.