The Lending Department at NIB is seeking a Senior Economist
NIB is financing projects that fulfil the Bank’s mandate, which is to strengthen the member countries' competitiveness and/or enhance the environment The Sustainability & Mandate Unit is responsible for assessing how strongly projects contribute to the mandate fulfilment. NIB is now looking for a person to strengthen the Bank’s team of specialists responsible for assessing the competiveness impact of projects.
The Bank’s loan portfolio consists to a large extent of energy, environment, industry and infrastructure projects but financing is also channelled to SMEs and midcaps. The mandate assessment entails a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the projects' direct and indirect effects. The work includes travelling and site visits.
- Conduct independent screening and analysis of the competitiveness impact of projects/loans and conduct ex-post mandate assessments
- Participate in the development of the methodology/guidelines and processes for evaluating competitiveness impact
- Communicate internally and externally how the Bank appraises competitiveness impact
Qualifications and experience
- A Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, or Business-related discipline
- 5+ years of relevant working experience in economic analysis
- Strong analytical skills and capacity for processing, understanding and evaluating vast amounts of information
- Attention to details and flexibility as to a variable work-load and changing demands and/or re-prioritisation
- Excellent team-working, communication, presentation and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in English is a prerequisite
We offer you
- An interesting and inspiring working environment in the heart of Helsinki that provides an opportunity to gain a new perspective on the financial industry based on our position as an International Financial Institution owned by the Nordic and Baltic countries
- A challenging work providing opportunities to develop new analytical methods and engage in projects across all sectors of the economies
NIB warmly welcomes expatriate employees and their families, and will help in making relocation and integration as smooth as possible. Helsinki is a lively, Nordic capital with a modern and international atmosphere.
Additional information about the position can be obtained from Harro Pitkänen, Head of Sustainability & Mandate (+358 10 618 001). For general information about employment at the Bank, please contact Joanna Södergård, HR Business Partner (+358 10 618 001).
To apply, please visit NIB's home page, www.nib.int (Job Opportunities). The deadline for applications is 10 March 2017.