Senior Accountant to Hoist Finance
Hoist Finance is looking for a driven and skilled Senior Accountant to strengthen our Finance team in Stockholm.
Hoist Finance is a trusted debt restructuring partner to international banks. In plain language this means that we purchase consumer bank loans that are not being repaid. In doing so, we free up resources and reduce risk for our partners, the banks, contributing to a stable financial system. We also support our customers, the debtors, in becoming debt-free through what we call amicable settlements. Our aim is to find a realistic payment plan in an open and respectful dialog with the customer, so they can get back on their feet with dignity.
Hoist Finance employees are driven by a common purpose – to develop and foster long-term relationships built on mutual trust. With high ethical standards, compliance with the financial regulatory framework, and behaviour based on transparency and respect, we ensure that we earn the trust of our stakeholders every day.
If these are things that make your heart beat a little faster, then maybe Hoist Finance is the place for you.
As the Senior Accountant you will be part of the accounting team of the Swedish parent company. You will be working closely together with Head of Accounting and have a senior role in the Finance accounting team with a wide range of responsibilities.
You will be working with financial controlling and improving internal controls. Participating in yearly budget work together with business control and following up on forecast monthly and presenting outcome to internal cost centres.
You will take part of daily operations in the Finance department, but also partly supervise colleagues in their daily work. With the role comes responsibility for participate in delivering monthly financial statements to Group Accounting according to IFRS.
You will be responsible for tax transactions from a Finance point of view, participating in improving transfer pricing setup, looking at transactions from beginning to end within the group, identifying improvement areas within internal invoicing. You will be working with VAT-reporting in an environment where only part of the business is VAT-deductible.
As senior accountant you will actively participate in development projects within Hoist Finance, with the aim of improving internal procedures and increase the quality as well as efficiency of the accounting processes. This includes automatizing manual processes to increases the quality in our everyday work.
You have a prestigeless attitude and a willingness to learn new things, which derives from a strive to always do your best. Moreover, you have a drive to make a difference by always delivering high qualitative work within the stipulated time frame. You work well both individually and in teams, and value the opinion of colleagues. We are looking for someone who is analytical, pays attention to details and perform work duties thoroughly and responsibly in a fast growing business.
Main areas of responsibility
- Analyse and assure quality in monthly financial closing in accordance to IFRS and continuously improve accounting processes for month end closing
- Participating in day to day activities at Finance including bank reconciliation and daily bookkeeping
- Prepare underlying documentation for invoicing management fees
- Computations of monthly and quarterly VAT Returns according to VAT-allocation key
- Prepare monthly financial reviews and explain variances between outcome and budget
- Analysing key cost drivers and report findings to Head of Accounting
- Planning audit with auditors in collaboration with Head of Accounting
- Preparation of tax- and disclosure package to Group Accounting
- Prepare tax return calculation of corporate tax
- Prepare external reporting to governmental agencies
Desired skills and experience
- Master degree in business and administration
- 2-4 years of experience from working as an auditor
- Experience from the Financial services market is a merit
- Knowledgeable within accounting for income taxes
- Good understanding of Swedish tax law
- Good understanding of accounting processes and internal control
- Knowledge of IFRS and SFSA-regulation
- Experience from NAV is a merit
- Fluent in English and Swedish, both written and spoken.
- Good knowledge of Excel
Is Hoist Finance your next employer?
We offer you a fast-paced working environment at company headquarters in central Stockholm. Working with smart, engaged colleagues driven by strong business ethics, you will play an important role at Hoist Finance, and have the opportunity to develop your career as the company continues to grow.
Hoist Finance has grown at a rate of 40% over the past three years, a strong trend supported by the banks’ continuing trust in our services. Today Hoist Finance is represented in nine European countries, with plans to expand into new countries and new asset classes. Hoist Finance is listed on Nasdaq in the Nordic Mid Cap segment.
In this recruitment Hoist Finance works together with Boardtalk AB. Please apply through website (www.boardtalk.se) Interviews will be conducted continuously. For further questions about this service contact Mats Holmberg (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Martin Andersson As part of the recruitment process a background check will be run on each of the final candidates.