Nike is looking for a Senior Accounting Manager
Nike is looking for an experienced Senior Accounting Manager for our Nike Sweden responsible for leading the accounting activities and executing all aspects of Financial Accounting, Reporting and Compliance at a managerial level. Your work is focused on short/long-term planning, operational effectiveness, and results. In this role you will report to the Western Europe accounting manager based at Europe HQ in the Netherlands.
The position is located in our office in Solna Sweden, you will be part of the world’s leading sports brand, work in a first class environment and have an exciting career opportunity ahead within the company.
- Staff responsibility of two accountants one in Solna and one resource externally located in India.
- Manages complete month end accounting close process from journal entry through to preparation and subsequent analysis of monthly financial statements in a timely and accurate manner, ensuring appropriate financial controls, procedures and efficiencies are in place
- Monitors all key financial reconciliations and ensures compliance with the appropriate local and Company policies
- Participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of financial policies, procedures and systems to ensure company policies are implemented.
- Analyses financial records and reports to ensure they are in accordance with US-GAAP for management accounts and local Accounting Standards for statutory purposes
- Manages the preparation of our external statutory accounts and the subsequent external audit process, including leading the coordination with our external auditors
- Manages any Internal Audit and SOX compliance work with our Global counterparts.
- Ensures full tax compliance for the company to incorporate corporation tax, VAT and payroll taxes and interface with relevant tax experts in our European HQ. Includes ensuring accurate and appropriate tax treatment in all areas, timely tax returns and submissions, as partnering with our external tax advisors
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Finance and Accounting or similar and holds a Professional Finance qualification, preferably CA, CPA, ACA, ACCA
- Minimum of 5 years extensive experience in accounting, ideally within industry as well as a minimum of 3 years proven people management experience
- Good MS Office and financial system knowledge (SAP preferable)
- Strong intellect, results-orientated with a personal impact and a sense of urgency
- Proven track record of success and development in previous roles
- High integrity, transparency, authority and confidence
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in both English and Swedish.
- If required travel to the European Headquarters or other European office, or to the World Wide Headquarters in Oregon USA.
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team!
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination.
Would you like to be a part of this successful organization? Please send your application in Word-format as soon as possible to email@example.com, with the reference TD/1438. For further questions, please contact Tobias Danielsson or Anna Ekedorff at 08-546 99 260.