Compliance Officer till Hoist Finance
Hoist Finance is looking for a driven, self-motivated and experienced Compliance Officer to join the Group Compliance team in Stockholm. The role offers a great opportunity to work with compliance from the headquarters of a growing international financial institution.
This position relates for example to the following areas; the Swedish Banking and Financing Business Act, Financial Supervisory Authority Regulations, EU-Directives, EU-Regulations, technical standards, guidelines, consumer credits, collections, deposits, cross-border activity, consolidated situation, internal governance and control, three lines of defense, control function, internal rules, code of conduct, anti-money laundering and much more
Hoist Finance is now recruiting a Compliance Officer to its headquarters in Stockholm. The function will work within the Group Compliance team and report to the Head of Group Compliance. The function requires travels within Europe to subsidiaries and service providers.
Main areas of responsibility
As Compliance Officer you will amongst other, be responsible for the following tasks;
- In cooperation with the compliance team, support the operations in ensuring compliance with current and forthcoming laws and regulations, identify and assess compliance risks, monitor and control compliance risks, as well as assist group companies in compliance matters.
- Maintain, update and distribute internal governance documents
- Train employees within Hoist Finance in compliance related areas
- Interact with employees and management throughout the group
- Execute sample reviews and write review reports
- Participate in group-wide projects
- Monitor regulatory changes
Desired skills and experience
- University degree in law and a few years of working experience, preferably from the financial sector.
- Knowledge of the regulatory framework for financial institutions in Europe.
- Excellent level in both Swedish and English required. In addition, a good level in either French, German, Italian, Polish, Spanish or Dutch is qualifying.
- Knowledge of the products offered by the business and familiarity with the processes.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation.
- Solutions oriented, self-driven positive team player with good structuring skills.
Is Hoist Finance your next employer?
We offer you a fast-paced working environment at company headquarters in central Stockholm. Working with smart, engaged colleagues driven by strong business ethics, you will play an important role at Hoist Finance, and have the opportunity to develop your career as the company continues to grow.
Hoist Finance has grown at a rate of 40% over the past three years, a strong trend supported by the banks’ continuing trust in our services. Today Hoist Finance is represented in nine European countries, with plans to expand into new countries and new asset classes. Hoist Finance is listed on Nasdaq in the Nordic Mid Cap segment.
Hoist Finance is a trusted debt restructuring partner to international banks and financial institutions. We purchase consumer bank loans that are in default status. In doing so, we free up resources and reduce risk for our banking and financial partners, thereby contributing to ensure a stable financial system. We support our customers, the debtors, in becoming debt-free through an amicable settlement process. Our aim is to find a realistic payment plan via an open and respectful dialog with the customer. We want to empower them through a completely transparent and dignified process.
Hoist Finance employees are driven by a common purpose – to develop and foster long-term relationships built on mutual trust. With high ethical standards, compliance with the financial regulatory framework, and behaviour based on transparency and respect, we ensure that we earn the trust of our stakeholders every day.
If these are things that make your heart beat a little faster, then maybe Hoist Finance is the place for you.
In this recruitment Hoist Finance is working together with Boardtalk Finance (www.boardtalk.se). For further questions about the role, contact Mats Holmberg at Boardtalk (072-8532313) or Martin Andersson (070-5731010). As part of the recruitment process a background check will be run on each of the final candidates.