Manager International Sustainable Business
Business Sweden is now looking for a Manager International Sustainable Business to join our Strategy and Business Development department to further strengthen and develop our sustainability approach.
We are convinced that sustainability in international business drives revenue, profit and competitiveness. The Swedish brand stands for quality and reliability and Swedish companies are considered sustainability frontrunners. We believe that sustainability triggers innovation and creates new revenue streams. Sustainable companies outperform markets year after year, and will be the winners in world markets of tomorrow.
Business Sweden support Swedish companies and the Swedish government in international sustainable business, both in Sweden and global markets. We know the trade, by being there, on the ground, at the scene, helping to do business in a responsible and sustainable way.
As Manager International Sustainable Business you will be responsible for sustainability in the work we do internally as well as externally when we support our clients, in Sweden and at our offices abroad. You will operate in a dynamic, highly international environment where your role is to connect and support across Business Sweden. As our external spokesperson in sustainability you are expected to reach beyond our clients to companies and business leaders throughout Sweden.
Promote International Sustainable Business
Business Sweden promotes sustainability in international business by providing advice to Swedish companies in their international expansion and to foreign investors and other related bodies when investing and expanding in Sweden.
Develop and strengthen Sustainability in Business Sweden
Along with your responsibility to promote sustainability among Swedish and foreign companies, you will be responsible for Sustainability internally at Business Sweden. This responsibility embrace our behavior toward clients and colleagues as well as our behavior in procurement and travels. We are a signatory of UN Global Compact, and operate according to our code of conduct, aligned with UN Global Compact and OECD.
Manager - International Sustainable Business is a key role at Business Sweden. You report to Executive Vice President – Strategy and Business Development and will regularly interact with our CEO, the Management Team and our offices in Sweden and abroad. You will also work closely with colleagues in our Legal department and our Communications team. In your work you will also collaborate with the governments CSR ambassador at the Ministry for Foreign Affairs as well as other representatives from the government and at Embassies abroad. As Business Sweden’s external spokesperson on sustainability matters you will interact with media and engage in public events, such as seminars, roundtables and events. You will engage with high level representatives from Swedish and foreign businesses and governments.
- Promote sustainability in international business to Swedish companies in their international expansion and to foreign companies investing and expanding in Sweden
- Develop and ensure sustainability in all Business Sweden’s services to clients, including designated sustainability advisory services to our clients
- Develop, manage and ensure Business Sweden’s internal work in the sustainability field, including Code of Conduct and sustainability reporting
Skills & Requirements
Competencies and personal skills
- You have a strong desire to contribute and make a difference in sustainability and business
- You have international experience from working abroad
- You have experience from working with the government, public organisations or equivalent international bodies such as United Nations
- You are comfortable and confident when handling and working with media
As a person
- You have the ability to work independently and take initiatives to drive your work forward
- You have an exceptional drive and you make things happen
- You have strong integrity and are a natural leader
- You are pedagogical with strong communication skills
- You have are social and collaborative
- You have the ability to adapt to varying environments and remain focused in challenging situations
- You are comfortable when interacting with high level business leaders and politicians – Swedish and international
- University degree in Economics, Business Administration, Engineering or equivalent
- 5-10 years of working experience
- Experience and track-record from working with sustainability in international business, preferably in difficult and complex markets
- High level proficiency in both written and spoken Swedish and English
Does this describe you? If so, please apply with your personal cover letter and CV as soon as possible.
We will review applications and interview continuously as we seek to fill the position as soon as possible.
For more information regarding the position, please contact Executive Vice President Fredrik Fexe at +46 70 545 94 10, or by e-mail: email@example.com.
For more information regarding the recruitment process, please contact HR Business Partner Johanna Nargell, +46 76 142 10 35, or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.