Operations Director – NEX Abide Trade Repository AB
NEX Group plc, formerly known as ICAP plc, is a UK-based business focused on electronic markets and post trade business. The company is listed on the London Stock Exchange and employs approximately 2000 people.
Within NEX there are several businesses focusing on trading optimizations. One of these companies is Abide Financial. Abide Financial is a leading regulatory reporting provider with proven solutions across many of the major regulatory regimes. In order to provide a complete EMIR regulatory reporting services solution to Abide’s customers, Abide has been working with the existing European Trade repositories already approved by ESMA in 2014. Trade Repositories were created as part of the EMIR regulations to manage the reporting of conclusion, modification or termination of a derivative contracts. This legislation was finally introduced as EU Law in February 2014 in the aftermath of the financial crisis in 2008.
Abide Financial decided to become an approved Trade Repository in its own right and is now in the final stages of the application and approval process being conducted by ESMA.
Due to anticipated EU changes in UK, Abide Trade Repository needs to be placed in an EU member country and for that reason, it has decided to move the Trade Repository business from London to Stockholm.
As the first person active for the newly founded NEX Abide Trade Repository AB, we are now looking to recruit a senior Chief Operational Director.
About the role
- Manage the establishment and set up of a locally based operations service desk to handle customer queries, as part of a group regulatory virtual service desk
- Assist in the formulation of the most appropriate operating and legal entity structure appropriate for the operation
- Assist in the preparation of the Trade Repository AB application, together with preparation for MiFID2/MIFIR and for SFTR regulations
- Specify requirements for delivery services and development teams and manage the delivery of these
- Manage the interface between the local regulatory service desk and the UK service desk
- Day to day liaison with ESMA, interpretation of the Trade Repository requirements and translation of these into prioritized work plans
- Managing the set-up and delivery of the outsourced services is in line with the requirements of the regulations
We believe that a suitable candidate is an academic that holds an engineering background or similar and that has at least 10 years of experience from the financial industry. You are probably currently working within a similar field as COO, CTO, Head of Back Office or similar. Knowledge from the derivative trading environment is seen as a merit together with knowledge from EMIR, Mifid regulations.
As a person you need to be self-motivated and enjoy working both in teams and by yourself. Further, it is important to have a good understanding of different cultures, together with an open mindset of change and new ideas.
Since this is the first role that is being recruited to the new office, you will probably need to have a strong natural leadership with the ability to prioritize and to see the bigger picture, even if you at times might be without a local manager.
Abide is a London based company, and for that reason it is very important that you are fluent in English.
In this recruitment we cooperate with Blaq Group. You can apply for this job via the application link, or by visiting www.blaq.se. For more information, please contact the responsible recruitment consultant Carl Tullberg, +46 70 092 3905 or firstname.lastname@example.org.