Financial Controller to Summa Equity
As Financial Controller within Summa Equity you will have broad responsibility in this newly created role. Working closely with the partners and investment managers within the firm, you will be fully responsible for controlling financial results for Summa Equity AB, it’s portfolio companies and it’s related holding companies.
As the role is newly created, part of your responsibility will include setting and continuously improving processes and procedures within the Summa Equity finance department. As a significant amount of responsibilities are outsourced, a large part of the role will include overseeing the work conducted by outsourced parties and managing those relationships.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Preparation of the annual budget and quarterly reports
- Follow up of accounting of entities in Sweden and Norway (outsourced)
- Administration and accounting of holding vehicles
- Approval of expenses, salaries and benefits in Sweden and Norway (outsourced)
- Coordination with auditors and tax/VAT advisor
- Support the implementation of a new reporting tool
- Fund valuations/drawdowns
- Review of annual report
As Summa Equity is a recently started firm, you will need to show flexibility in relation to the responsibilities within your role. The role will be based in Stockholm but the responsibility will also cover the Norwegian subsidiary.
The right person will have a degree within Business Administration or similar with the following experience:
- 5 to 10 years’ experience from an Accounting/Controlling role
- Experience as a controller from Private Equity or other investment holding company environments is considered a merit
- Experience from the Big4 is considered a merit
- Good knowledge of excel, word and powerpoint
- Fluency in Swedish & English, both written and oral, is required
Summa Equity was formed in 2016 by partners with a shared vision of building a leading specialized private equity firm in the Nordic lower mid-market, positioned to capture investment opportunity provided by the thematic megatrends expected to drive growth over the long term. The firm focuses on sectors related to four megatrend-driven themes: resource scarcity, energy efficiency, changing demographics and tech-enabled businesses. Summa Equity closed it’s first fund in February 2017 with commitments of 4.5 billion SEK.
Summa Equity invest in sustainable businesses and hold ESG related matters as a core focus when developing and investing in their portfolio companies. Having an interest in sustainability and a desire to contribute to a better world is a shared goal of all employees within Summa Equity today. For further info see summaequity.com.
For this recruitment, Summa Equity are working with Finance Recruitment. To apply, please click on the ‘apply now’ button or send your CV in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions before submitting your CV you can call Eoin on +46 735 139 024