Senior Legal & Compliance Officer - Catella Bank
The primary focus of the role is to act as a Senior Legal & Compliance officer within the Catella Filial in Sweden. You will be responsible for developing and improving management of various Legal & Compliance matters within the branch. This includes implementing the Compliance Monitoring Programme, reporting regularly, strengthening governance arrangements and the delivering legal & compliance advisory works. The suitable candidate need a Master’s degree in Law with 3-5 years with legal, compliance and regulatory experience from Financial Institutions. Knowledge within Wealth Management and Payment Solutions combined with an analytical mind set is ideal to be successful in the role. Familiarity with key regulations (such as MAD, FATCA, CRS, MiFiD II, ICAAP, CRD IV, CRR, PSD II) will be beneficial.
The position will be based in Stockholm and report to the Bank’s Chief Legal & Compliance Officer based in Luxembourg.
- Provide legal advice and support in areas such as contracts, wealth management, credit, consumer law, litigation and employment law
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a risk based Compliance Monitoring Programme and ensuring that remedial action is implemented and tracked to completion
- Develop, maintain and revise regularly relevant Branch’s Legal & Compliance policies and procedures
- Ensure that the Branch is aware of and takes steps to comply with all relevant laws and regulations through the provision of accurate, effective and proportionate regulatory advice and support
- Develop an effective compliance training Programme, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees
- Liaising extensively with senior management, provide regulatory policy input and advice to the business on compliance issues as required
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, develop and implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues
About the company
Catella Bank S.A. is part of a Scandinavian financial advisory and asset management services group with offices in 12 European countries. The Bank is a Luxembourg-based fully fledged financial institution, active in Private Banking, Asset Management, and in issuing credit and pre-paid cards to partners all over the world.