SKF is looking for a Director Mergers & Acquisitions
SKF works to reduce friction, make things run faster, longer, cleaner and more safely. Doing this in the most effective, productive and sustainable way has made the SKF Group a leading global supplier of products, solutions and services within rolling bearings, seals, mechatronics, services and lubrication systems. Services include technical support, maintenance services, condition monitoring, asset efficiency optimization, engineering consultancy and training.
Director Mergers & Acquisitions
The Director of M&A (Mergers & Acquisitions) manages the analysis and execution of M&A transactions (mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, divestitures, equity investments). This includes overseeing financial modelling, due diligence investigation and the negotiation of deal terms and legal agreements. You are working together with the business unit leaders in SKF Group with the strategic agenda for the Group related to the business portfolio with the target to meet SKF Group financial targets for growth and profitability.
The responsibilities of the position can be divided into the following three main areas:
Drive and develop the preparatory stage of the acquisition and divestment strategy on Group level in alignment with SKF Group strategic direction and priorities
- Develop and maintain a solid understanding of the current and future SKF business environment through an internal network with the most relevant business owners / managers.
- Initiate and support strategic gap analysis as input for a proactive transaction agenda.
- Develop and maintain an external network of potential transaction advisors relevant for different transactions by size, geographies and markets
Act as Transaction project leader for transaction projects
- Provide the transaction process execution role on behalf, and in close relationship, with the business owner.
- Support local projects with M&A process support
Develop and maintain the transaction process support system (acquisition, divestment and integration process tools and templates) in a continuous improvement cycle.
The M&A Manager, also based in Gothenburg, is reporting to this role.
- Experience from M&A, probably gained from consulting and/or corporate finance in combination with industrial experience.
- Deep and broad understanding of the business development foundation of an industrial product company acting in a global market environment.
- Operational experience from several different functional areas such as finance, sales, product development, manufacturing and business management for the understanding of industrial processes.
- Proven experience from having lead complex business and/or transaction negotiations.
- Extensive experience of coordinating work activities across legal, accounting, financial and operations teams.
- Documented experience of creating compelling presentation materials for Senior management and Board purposes.
- University degree in either Business Administration and / or Master of Science in Engineering.
- Strategic orientation: The ideal candidate should have a strong strategic orientation. An analytical mindset and broad-based understanding of complex business situations.
- Results orientation: A candidate should be clearly result oriented and energized by the challenges typically arising in transaction projects. The result orientation should manifest itself through an ability to find solutions, close / finalize potentially complex negotiations and to facilitate business owners to achieve the Group business / strategic objectives. The lean setup requires a hands-on approach in all aspects of the role.
- Team spirit: The candidate should have the ability to work together with individuals with different business and cultural background and be able to create and coordinate high performing teams in transaction projects. The candidate should be able to motivate and energize the teams.
- Collaboration and influencing: The ability to achieve business and strategic objectives through collaboration and influencing is an important competence. Critical decisions must be taken with the business owners. The candidate must have a genuine ability to understand other people’s situations and preferably a personality / willingness to make other people successful.
- A job in an international environment
- You will be a part of a diverse workforce where you get to face exciting challenges and varied tasks
- You will enjoy supportive colleagues and a secure organizational structure.
The position holder will be based in Gothenburg, Sweden on a local contract and report to Chief Financial Officer & SVP, Group Finance & Business Transformation.
Questions can be addressed to
- Maria Nyman, HR, Group Finance & Business Transformation, Maria.Nyman@skf.com
Unionen – Jonny Hilbert +46 31 3372155
Akademikerföreningen - Anders Kempe +46 31 3373395
Ledarna – Angelica Lindström +46 31 3371842
How to apply
If you are interested and meet the above requirements, please submit your application, including cover letter and CV in English, no later than December 14, 2017.
SKF is a global company working throughout the world in diverse applications; from wind farms and offshore oil rigs to high-speed trains, washing machines and millions of motor-cycles, trucks and cars. Our 46 600 employees in 130 countries enjoy exceptional career opportunities, solid team work and the chance to make a real difference.