Vice President - China-Euro Vehicle Technology AB
Liaison Office and Program Purchasing
As Vice President you will manage the Liaison Office and Program Purchasing team with responsibility to lead and develop the team and the individuals. The team is responsible to foster the relationship between Purchasing Department Direct Material located in China with R&D Line organization located in Sweden. In addition you will be part of the Purchasing management team and together you will contribute to the development of the CEVT Purchasing organization. In this role you will report to the Senior Vice President for Purchasing, located in Sweden, CEVT.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Manage and develop the Liaison Office and program organization and team-members – to become world class purchasing organization
- Develop CEVT purchasing future strategies in conjunction with the team in China – supporting the needs of CEVT R&D and CEVT innovation team
- Represent CEVT purchasing in various meetings both “CEVT and Geely meetings”
- Understand future needs and develop a supplier base for the future –major technology changes in various Commodities which will affect how we source and sign contracts in the future
- Actively support the sourcing activities to ensure implementation of strategy and to achieve full global leverage
- Support the DM organization to negotiate commercial and time consequences at suppliers
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with relevant stakeholders and suppliers
- Launch Support for Major Vehicles
Profile and Background
- University degree in business, engineering or equivalent work experience
- Senior Leadership experience
- Interpersonal skills and sense of business
- Experience of working with Purchasing within the automotive industry
- Strong work ethics and high integrity
- Proven strong negotiation skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and establish effective team priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Swedish and English, Chinese is a plus
- Cultural awareness, especially Asian – European culture
- High level of self-initiative and ability to work with minimal Supervision
- International experience and international travel is required
For more information please contact Erik Bodin at +46 0728 881 992 or Leif Andersson at +46 705 455 682. Welcome with your application marked “SE-12674” via www.mercuriurval.se not later than 17 December.
China Euro Vehicle Technology AB, CEVT, is a development centre for future cars of the Geely Group. CEVT covers all aspects of passenger car development – from the total architecture, powertrain and drive line components, to top hat engineering as well as the vehicles’ exterior design. If we are to succeed we need to attract the right people. CEVT currently consists of over 1900 people and is growing fast. The company is located in Gothenburg, Trollhättan and in Hangzhou, China. More information can be found at www.cevt.se.
If you share our passion for engineering and innovation, and want to work in a global organization that embraces diversity, CEVT could be the right place for you.