Sales Manager Scandinavia to Costa Cruises
Costa cruises, the largest cruise group in the world with a strong heritage and high commitment in sustainability is currently enjoying a strong growth! Therefore Costa cruises is looking for a driven, engaged Sales Professional in order to participate in the growth in their leading position in Scandinavia!
Costa Cruises is an Italian company that is part of Carnival Corporation & plc, the largest cruise group in the world. For 70 years, the ships in the Costa fleet have been taking their Italian hospitality and authentic Italian-style holidays, with exquisite food, fine wines, unique shopping experiences and a huge selection of famous Italian brands, across seas around the world. Currently the Costa fleet comprises 15 ships in service, all flying the Italian flag. In 2019 and 2021, two new next-generation ships are scheduled to be delivered, fueled by liquefied natural gas (LNG), the "cleanest" fossil fuel in the world. The Costa Cruises sustainable development strategy pays great attention to the issues of nutrition and food production. Over recent years, on board the Italian company's ships, highly effective measures have been taken to minimize food surpluses, and these will be developed further via a series of initiatives that will aim to get the ships' guests involved.
This is an exciting opportunity for a strong, self- confident individual who likes to take initiative, meet people and who wants to be part of an open, international culture with a strong history and a clear plan to grow. As Sales Manager for Scandinavia, you will take care of an existing portfolio of 50 agencies (Cruise Market, Apollo, Escape travel,..) with whom you establish close long-term relationships with and attract new business. Therefore, you have the ability to understand their needs and discuss strategies with them, set business plans, negotiate contracts and ensure a constant progression. Additionally, you are aware of new opportunities and discuss those with your manager. You are business oriented, have an excellent understanding of the figures, used to work with complex sales processes and can think in a creative way about new ideas.
As a Sales Manager responsible for Scandinavia, you report to the Head of Sales, based in Stockholm and you will be part of the Benelux and Scandinavian team, with the HQ in Amsterdam.
The role entails a certain amount of travel and is home based.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Maintain the favorable relationships with the partners and develop further the potential business in the Scandinavian region (NO, SE, DK, IS)
- Develop, coordinate & execute all account management activities including sales objectives, goal deployment, P&L accountability, strategies, and promotional programs
- Prepare offers, negotiate contracts and follow up to ensure the best profitability on each project, therefore you are able to analyze and interpret data as well as monitoring and react to business opportunities and following the trends
- Perform presentations to small and large audience and give training sessions for the trade partner and consumer
- Project Management, you are able to see the big picture, anticipate variables that could affect a timeline or the production. You manage many information streams that feed a project, such inventory, programs, marketing and others
- Manage participation's to fairs, events (internal and external)
- Preferably a degree in business, marketing, e- commerce, tourism or related field
- At least 5 years of proven Sales and Marketing experience within the Scandinavian travel industry
- Proven track record of sales and business achievement
- Excellent convincing and negotiating skills with the ability to inspire your agents
- Strong communication skills, ability to communicate with your international colleagues and understand different business cultures
- Ability to display the highest level of personal integrity, take responsibility for personal and organizational results whilst being efficient
- Fluent in English and Swedish, other Scandinavian languages is a merit
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally mostly within Scandinavia
Are you looking for a new exciting challenge where you will get the chance to develop, make mistakes and learn and where you are able to see the impact and results and above all you are an individual that goes the extra mile? Do not hesitate to apply now!
Please submit your CV via our website. Your application will be dealt by Marie Widart.