Xylem is seeking a CI Manager
To our top modern factory in the middle of Småland we are now seeking a Continuous Improvement Manager to join our high-performing team of 1200 employees. We are searching for an energetic person to drive our continuous improvement program. Part of the job is also to support Xylem´s strategic and business operating plan. The CI Manager will be responsible for seven co-workers and will report directly to the Site manager. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with the right background looking to expand the depth of their operational excellence scope with great possibility to influence and shape the company’s future.
Main focus and challenges
Provide leadership and strategic direction to the site manufacturing and back office functions in order to achieve plans andtargets within the area of Lean and Continuous Improvement towards world class.
Take the role as leader and executor of the site change program.
Develop a culture of continuous improvement through the utilization of Lean & Six Sigma Manufacturing tools. Coach and lead management, supervisors and employees to embrace the culture of never-ending improvement in safety, productivity, quality, cost and delivery in order to reach best-in-class level.
Drive change and develop a flexible and agile organization adaptable to a fast moving environment, and specifically to react to changing customer needs.
Establish local Lean & CI standards throughout the site based on Xylems corporate standards.
Drive, Implement and foster change in teams and establish local CI standards throughout the site based on Xylems corporate standards.
Build and cross functionally lead, coach, appraise and develop a team of local CI Coordinators throughout all departments in instilling a high performance shop floor agenda and culture.
Lead the work of creating, updating and ensure progress of the site CI policy deployment plan.
Qualifications and Experience
- BS/BA Degree or Equivalent.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in international world class manufacturing companies with best practices in Lean & CI management, having implemented Lean projects and managed them successfully.
- Lean Master or Six Sigma Black Belt certification is required.
- Proven track record in leading and managing enterprise wide change initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills, maintaining persuasive presentation abilities. Fluent English (oral and written), knowledge of other language will be an asset.
- Good work organization, decision making and consistency in action.
- Experience in guiding team progress for continuous improvement projects/programs.
- Experience in designing, implementing and leading continuous improvement projects/programs.
- Hands-on experience using Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement methods (LEAN, TPM, SMED, VSM, Six Sigma, TQM).
- Proven leadership skills to coach and lead teams to fully deliver chartered objectives and projects.
- Ability to coach, mentor and inspire.
- Advanced problem solving capabilities, attention to detail and numerical aptitude.
If you have any questions, please contact Thomas Haage, Plant Manager Emmaboda, 0471-24 71 18 or Martina Jonsson, HR Business Partner, 0471-24 75 61.
Welcome with your application no later than March 15, 2018. Selection is ongoing. Representative of Unionen is Kenneth Philipsson, Representative of Sveriges ingenjörer/Akademikerna are Jenny Johansson, Representative of Ledarna is Kent Johansson 0471-24 70 00.
Xylem is 16,000 people unified in a common purpose: creating innovative solutions to meet our world's water needs. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. We move, treat, analyze, and return water to the environment, and we help people use water efficiently, in their homes, buildings, factories and farms. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise, backed by a legacy of innovation. Xylem had 2016 annual revenues of $3.8 billion. For more information about Xylem, go to www.xyleminc.com