Head of Accounting & Controlling
We are now on behalf of one of our Clients looking to recruit a Head of Accounting & Controlling. The need has come due to continued growth of the business driving increased back office leadership needs. The Head of Accounting & Controlling is a critical member of the Finance team and is responsible for leading and developing the operations of the inhouse and outsourced accounting & controlling functions. The main task for the person coming in is to establish a world class Accounting & Controlling function that always delivers correctly and on time. Our client offers an exciting and challenging position in a dynamic company with a strong opportunity for personal and professional development. The successful candidate is offered a central role in a growing company with ambitions to excel. Attractive salary and benefits will be offered. The role as Head of Accounting & Controlling is based in Stockholm and reports to the group CFO.
- Responsible for Accounting and Controlling across the Nordics and for the group
- Setting goals of the Accounting & Controlling business unit with the CFO and establishing plans, milestones and tracking mechanisms to achieve these goals
- Participating actively in the Nordic Finance Leadership team
- Defining roles and responsibilities with the team and external service providers
- Establishing internal routines for the monitoring of the performance of outsourced service providers, including risk based checks on the performance of reconciliations, supporting documentation quality, impairment assessments, compliance with regulatory filing deadlines etc
- Managing the external audit relationship
- Responsibility for creating and developing a highly motivated workforce and positive team-oriented culture
- Establishing and maintaining the groups Finance policies and procedures including ownership of the groups accounting manual and related statements of procedures
- Establishing risk based control framework with consideration of financial and reputation risks
- Ensure the teams professional experience is capitalised on in the accounting & controlling area
- Establishing internal routines for the timely delivery of high quality deliverables internally and externally including tax filings, statutory account filings and investor reports
- A Master’s or Bachelor’s degree within a relevant field such as finance & accounting
- Track record of leading Accounting & Controlling function where significant activities are outsourced to third party service providers
- Experience from working in a multi-Nordic organization and solid knowledge of Nordic VAT and Tax, thorough knowledge of IFRS
- Strong communication and decision making skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to drive organizational change, impact team morale, create a sense of belonging and participation, and motivate others to achieve a high level of performance
- Excellent presentation skills, analytical skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent level of oral and written Swedish and English
About our Client:
Our client is one of the leading companies in their niche and are present in the Nordics. It’s an entrepreneurial environment and their shared values and the strong commitment dares them to challenge the norms and always strives for greatness.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply today using the "apply button"