Group Accountant to SKF
We are now looking for a Group Accountant to SKF. This is a permanent position based in Gothenburg.
SKF is a global knowledge engineering company working throughout the world in diverse applications; from wind farms and offshore oil rigs to high-speed trains, washing machines and millions of motor-cycles, trucks and cars. Our 45 600 employees in 130 countries enjoy exceptional career opportunities, solid team work and the chance to make a real difference.
Group Accounting and Controlling (GCA) is one department within central finance function of Group Headquarter. Group Accounting and Controlling includes Group Accounting and Reporting, Group Financial Controlling & Finance Applications and Group Business Controlling.
The Group Accounting and Reporting team at GCA is responsible for the Group’s financial reporting, and is now looking for a team member.
Working in this team provides many challenging and rewarding aspects, from contacts with the over 200 subsidiaries to contacts with management, and from understanding International Financial Reporting Standards to applying it practically in the financial reporting of the Group. The team strives for quick and correct reporting to continuously look for ways to do things better.
• Take part in monthly, quarterly and year end closings for the Group and Business Areas, performing necessary consolidation entries
• Prepare financial analyses to Group Management
• Prepare financial data included in the Groups public financial reporting.
• Monitor IFRS development and update the Group's reporting instructions, consolidation and reporting routines as necessary
• Participate in improvement activities in the financial reporting and consolidation.
• Provide support to (requiring significant communication with) subsidiaries, business areas and other management teams throughout the Group on accounting and reporting issues
• Take active part in trainings towards subsidiaries
• Represent SKF Group Finance in ad hoc projects.
Profile and personality
You hold a Master of Science in Business administration, with focus on Accounting/Finance. You have a few years’ experience, either from working in one of the big auditing firms as auditor or from working in a middle-sized/large company within accounting. Preferably, you have experience from IFRS and from working in a manufacturing environment. You have excellent communication skills in English and Swedish, both written and spoken, as well as skills in Excel.
We are looking for a person with strong analytical as well as communication skills who is able to meet and handle tight deadlines. You have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team with a drive to make continuous improvements.
We offer a job in an international environment where you will be part of a diverse team facing exciting challenges and varied tasks!
Welcome with your application.
Mattias Larrieu, email@example.com, 0734166016