Business Developer to EIT RawMaterials North AB
Business Developer (m/f) Northern Co-Location Centre (CLC) of EIT RawMaterials in Northern Europe
EIT RawMaterials (http://eitrawmaterials.eu), an initiative of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology, is the largest and strongest consortium in the raw materials sector worldwide. Its vision is a Europe where raw materials are a strength. EIT RawMaterials unites more than 100 partners from industry, research and academia, from more than 20 European countries. They collaborate on finding new, innovative solutions to improving the raw materials sector along the entire value chain – from extraction to processing, to recycling and reuse. EIT RawMaterials partners have more than 700,000 employees and revenue in excess of EUR 200 billion.
The activities of EIT Raw Materials are managed by regional Co-Location Centres (CLC) based in Espoo (FI), Leuven (BE), Luleå (SE), Metz (FR), Rome (IT), Wroclaw (PL) and the Headquarters in Berlin (DE). The Northern Co-Location Centre covers the countries Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Ireland.
To reinforce our business development activities, we are looking for an experienced Business Developer who will contribute to fostering innovation in raw materials and circular economy.
The Business Developer will work with a team of business developers across Europe and report to the Innovation Hub Director. S/he will collaborate and interact with all CLC partners, other CLC’s and staff at Head Quarters in Berlin by performing the following tasks:
- Provide assistance to Northern CLC partners in innovation projects development, feasibility studies, management and evaluation tasks.
- Evaluate the progress of ongoing projects, support projects’ lifecycle management to ensure market uptake and impact.
- Participate in development and monitoring of Matchmaking and Networking events in the Northern CLC in close collaboration with other CLC’s.
- Establish and manage relations between EIT RawMaterials and the SME and start-up community in the Northern CLC region to
- Assist SME and start-up companies to enter and advance in the EIT RawMaterials Start-up and SME tracks
- Enable contacts between EIT RawMaterials’ partners and local start-ups and SME’s
- Connect to and liaise with national innovation programs, local partners and national government bodies, seeking opportunities to contribute to the financial sustainability of EIT RawMaterials.
- Support the CLC Manager to communicate the Northern CLC strategy, implementing communication, outreach and knowledge dissemination activities.
- Ensure continuous coordination of existing Entrepreneurship Support Service (ESS) providers at local and/or CLC level in order to offer a “one-stop service” to entrepreneurs within the CLC.
The ideal candidate:
- Holds at least an MSc or equivalent academic degree preferably related to the raw materials’ value chain with 3 to 5 years of experience in business development and project portfolio management.
- Has a proven track record in innovation funnel management with R&D organisations and industry from start-ups to large companies.
- Is experienced in business development in raw materials (ideally) or related topics (e.g., market analysis, incubation, business model design, funding, mentoring, patenting), and has a sound network of personal contacts in our region.
- Familiarity with EU or national funding programmes is a plus.
- Extensive and appropriate network of personal contacts in the Northern innovation ecosystem would be an extra asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is a pre-requisite, Swedish will be an extra asset.
- Solid business judgment, orientation for progress, practical application of technical solutions, broad, flexible and interdisciplinary thinking.
- Openness and partnership orientation as well as the capacity for building alliances between industry, public sector, research, education and other stakeholders with relevance to innovation.
- Ability to problem-solve, excellent project management, leadership, communication and inter- personal skills with team working ability; efficient meetings management and organization; high work-ethics, proactivity and autonomy in work-organization, coordination and discipline, flexibility and ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- Work in the largest consortium in the European raw materials sector spanning across 22 EU countries
- Being part of a Pan-European network of industry, R&D and academia participants
- Participating in creating a new entity with entrepreneurial environment and being able to influence shaping of a new corporate culture
- Good compensation package, opportunity to work on innovative ideas and breakthrough projects within an international environment
You will be employed by the EIT RawMaterials North AB and located in Sweden, Luleå. This position requires regular travelling (at least 30% of the time) to different EIT RawMaterials locations and partners across Europe.
We encourage a gender and diversity balance in our team.
Thank you for considering a career at EIT Raw Materials GmbH. Please take a minute to fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with information about how to check the status of your application.