Finance Director to Hutchison Ports in Nynäshamn
This newly created position as Finance Director is a key member of Hutchison Ports Swedish management team. The Finance Director will be a stand-alone role initially with the task of establishing a world class finance function in Sweden and drive continuous improvement of the administrative and financial management of the business. Today all finance activities (excluding pension and payroll) are managed by Hutchison’s finance team in Holland and your main task will be to bring it home to Sweden. You will have overall responsibility for finance, procurement, inventory and real estate. The role is initially based in the company’s headquarters in Frihamnen but will move to Norvik (Nynäshamn) later this year. The role reports to the Swedish Managing Director with a dotted line to the European CFO in London.
- Bring home all finance activities that are today handled by Hutchisons finance team in Holland and establish a world class finance function in Sweden (payroll and pension is outsourced)
- Responsible for the management of the financial resources of the company ensuring that all legal, accounting and internal policies, rules and regulations are adhered to at all times
- Manage the business budget and forecasting process co-ordinating financial, headcount, departmental and capital expenditure plans, including maintaining a robust challenge process
- Be a key speaking partner to the CEO and the management team to lead and support the business in achieving the groups strategic goals
- Manage the procurement and inventory activities with the business ensuring that the buying is carried out in an efficient, cost effective and timely manner whilst adhering to various internal and external rules and regulations. Furthermore ensuring inventory is maintained at adequate levels, safeguarded at all times and procured in an efficient and cost effective manner
- Manage the Real Estate activities of the business to ensure that the maximum value to the business is maintained and that legal and regulatory requirements are adhered to at all times
- Follow up on decisions made in Executive meetings and ensure proper execution
- Master degree in finance or similar with at least 10 years’ relevant work experience
- Strong knowledge of accounting (preferably IFRS) and tax as well as business control
- Successful track record of working in a high paced environment with tight deadlines
- Business oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge and experience of dealing with external bodies such as External Auditors, Banks and other relevant institutions
- Result driven and structured leader with experience in developing, managing and motivating people
- Fluency in English and Swedish, both verbal and written
About Hutchison Ports:
Hutchison Ports is one of the key business units operated by the CK Hutchison Group Headquartered in Hong Kong which employs c. 300,000 people across the world. In its own right Hutchison Ports is the largest global operator of container port facilities handling in excess of 80 Million containers per year through 52 ports located in 26 countries.
In Sweden, Hutchison Ports have signed a 25 year deal with Stockholms Hamnar to operate the container port under construction in Nynäshamns Kommun which is due to open for operations in May 2020. This development will allow the existing container terminal operation to relocate from Frihamnen in central Stockholm thereby releasing prime real estate for future re-development.
The facility being constructed at Norvik by Stockholms Hamnar will be capable of handling 500,000 TEU (twenty foot equivalent units) when at capacity and benefits from a direct rail link being built in the terminal and a depth of 16m water alongside a berth of 800m which makes this facility the most capable container terminal in the Baltic Sea. Additionally, it is located just 1.5 nautical miles from the deep water which will also avoid the 40 nautical mile pilotage which is currently the case to access Containerterminalen Frihamnen.
Hutchison Ports bring the best expertise in managing container port operations across the world together with an unrivalled network of shipping line customers that span the globe and when this facility opens it promises to change the game as far as container shipping in the Baltic region is concerned.
Please apply using the "apply-button" on our homepage.