We are looking for Product Managers to help us build Healthcare 2.0. Is that you?
We are now looking for at least two Product Managers to join us. As a Product Manager, you will be the CEO of your product. You’re responsible for making sure that your product meets and exceeds expectations from both consumers/patients and B2B partners. We have two types of Product Managers: technical and commercial. The former (also known as application PMs) own their application's roadmap, make decisions on priorities, and lead agile teams of developers and UX'ers to make it come alive. Commercial PMs (known as Product Success Managers) work closer with specific customers, and are responsible for bringing the right mix of standard products, consulting services and configurations to consumers and B2B customers. You don't necessarily need to pick one path in your application, we are happy to discuss which one would fit your profile best -- and we are looking for at least one of each!
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- First, only applicants based in Stockholm will be considered.
- Vision and drive. You’re in the driver’s seat for your product, and if you don’t push, nothing happens. We are out to revolutionise the health care system, so we keep a high pace and talk about releases in terms of days and weeks more often than months and years. You get things done, rather than talk about it.
- Communications skills. You will need to constantly manage stakeholders, from engineers to customers, but also our doctors, customer service etc. You need to be a great listener, but you also need the presence, communications and negotiations skills to get buy-in for your agenda. You’re fluent in English, and speak and write compellingly. Swedish is a plus for the technical role, and a must-have for the commercial.
- Problem-solving skills. You’re analytical and used to structuring and cracking problems, and making data-driven decisions. We believe the Swedish proverb “We speak unclearly because we think unclearly” ("Det dunkelt sagda är det dunkelt tänkta"), so we would expect you to be able to articulate and synthesise insights.
- Tech knowledge. We would expect our application PMs to have an engineering background. Even for our commercial PMs, we have found that some technical skills makes you more effective. If you don’t know the difference between a string and a boolean, your learning curve might be a bit too deep.
- Experience. As an application PM, you have built unique digital consumer products from scratch, and have led agile, cross-functional teams. You know how to discover what users find valuable, through interviews, surveys, and data analysis, and can translate these findings into delightful, engaging product experiences that keep users coming back. You have experience building features at all points of the funnel: acquisition, engagement, conversion, and retention. As a commercial PM, you may have a similar background, or maybe worked more as a project manager driving and implementing tech solutions, preferably in healthcare.
- Culture and mindset. You are single handedly focused on bringing the new release of your product to market, and build the best possible products for patients and doctors. We would expect you to agree directionally with the principles outlined in Ben Horowitz' classic “Good PM / Bad PM” paper.
- You will also need to like bullet lists.
What do we offer? You will have one of the most important roles at one of the most interesting health tech startups in Scandinavia. We’re unique in the approach we’re taking to bridging the gap between online doctor visits and the existing physical healthcare. We’ve very ambitious growth and internationalisation plans, and your work will bring value to 100,000s of patients. Today, only 24 months after launching our service, we’re a team of around 60 with a roughly 50/50 gender mix, mostly engineers and doctors, plus the 100 or so doctors, psychologists and nurses that do online consultations in our caregiver company Doktor24. We offer competitive compensation and an office right in the middle of Stockholm, filled with fun and inspiring colleagues, working as one team. You will report to the Chief Product Officer and will come in at a time where you can really leave your mark on the organization.