Financial Accountant to leading insurance tech company
On behalf of our client, BIMA, a part of the Kinnevik Group, we are looking for a Financial Accountant. BIMA is one of the fastest-growing impact and tech companies in the world, having a customer base of over 27 million subscribers in 16 countries across Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean.
In the role, you will have the responsibility for the accounting and reporting of the parent company in Sweden. The person will also take on the supervision of the administration and reporting for other central entities within the Group (mainly in the UK and in the US).
The right candidate has extensive experience and knowledge of accounting and tax rules in Sweden and is comfortable preparing month end closings independently. The suitable candidate is also driven by working in an international and fast-paced working environment. The central finance currently consists of twelve people, mainly located in Stockholm. The role reports to the Head of Finance who is based at the headquarter in Stockholm.
- Performing daily accounting for the parent company in Sweden
- Supervising the administration of the accounting firms for the other central entities (UK, US and other international entities)
- Responsible for the month-end closing for the parent company and for the reporting of the entities to the Financial Controller in charge of the consolidation
- Providing the Treasury Manager with the expected cash flows in order to optimize the cash management
- Responsible for the tax reporting and tax payments for the parent company in Sweden, including corporate, VAT and employer taxes
- Responsible for intercompany reconciliations and of the compliance with the transfer pricing principles defined by the Group Tax Manager
- You will also play a part of constant improvements of processes and routines regarding accounting
- Relevant degree (e.g master or bachelor’s degree in business and economics or other relevant field of study)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience from accounting and/or financial controller positions
- Proficient knowledge of Swedish accounting/tax rules, knowledge of IFRS is a plus
- Excellent skills in Excel; experience in a major ERP systems
- Experience in QuickBooks/Centsoft is considered a merit
- Fluency in English and Swedish is a must; both written and oral
- Problem solver / entrepreneur mindset, likes working in global organization with people with different cultural background; a good sense of humour is definitely a plus
BIMA is one of the fastest-growing impact and tech companies in the world. We use disruptive mobile technology to bring insurance and health services to consumers at the bottom of the pyramid, on an unprecedented scale. In just five years, we’ve built a customer base of over 27 million subscribers in 16 countries across Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean.
The company is led by a dynamic group of young entrepreneurs who are committed to disrupting the traditional insurance industry and democratizing access to vital services for billions of underserved families around the globe. In addition to being a recognized leader in innovation and inclusion, BIMA is one of the most attractive emerging market and insurance tech investment opportunities in the world.
Joining BIMA at this stage provides an opportunity for you to truly influence the strategy of a global, growing business. We are a vibrant company where ideas and passion are welcomed and you get real responsibility from day one.
We have brought together top-quality talent from the worlds of consultancy, development, technology, telecoms, health and finance to create a company like no other. Personality is just as important to use as experience; we are looking for intelligent, ambitious and adventurous individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment without ego. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply.
Please visit www.bimamobile.com to learn more about BIMA, our team and the success and impact we’ve had so far
If you are interested, please click on the ‘apply now’ button or send your CV in word format to email@example.com with “Financial Accountant” in the subject line.