Anti-Money Laundering officer – AML Office, LC&I
AML Office is a support function within LC&I Client Lifecycle Management (CLM). AML Office’s responsibility is first line support to LC&I’s client- and product organizations, including international branches, in regard to Anti Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing (AML/CTF) risk. The main purpose for the function is to give support in identifying and mitigating risks related to Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing within LC&I’s different business areas. AML office is responsible for advising the business owners on general and specific risk assessments of clients and products and to train both management and staff in the client and product organizations. AML Office furthermore coordinates activities in response to new instructions, policies, regulations, and legislation. A close cooperation with Group Compliance, Swedish Banking, and Baltic Banking is crucial to the success of AML Office.
All requests and activities involving answering various FSA´s regarding LC&I are also handled by AML Office.
AML Officers are the ambassadors of the important work with the AML/CTF legislation within LC&I.
AML office consists of four AML officers and the team is expanding with this recruitment. Other functions within CLM are process management, KYC-analysis and Client System Set-up. AML office is now searching for an AML Officer with a legal background and with deep interest and experience from AML/CTF, sanctions regulation and/or tax evasion.
Previous roles relevant for this position, e.g
- Compliance officer with experience from AML/CTF and AML related areas such as sanctions regulation and tax evasion
- Legal counsel with experience from AML/CTF and AML related areas such as sanctions regulation and tax evasion
- Law degree
- Experience from AML and CTF regulations and legislation
- Fluent in English and Swedish
- Experience from writing steering documents and instructions
- Experience from interacting with authorities
- Business oriented
To succeed in this role you need:
- You need to be curious and enjoy challenges. You feel comfortable outside the box and you have an “everything is possible” attitude
- A value-driven mindset - You should be a role model and an ambassador for the bank’s values You care about the business as a whole by cooperating with other functions to reach set out goals and deadlines. You are excellent in building and developing relationships.
- Personal capabilities – You should be able to deliver, with sometimes very short deadlines with high quality, in a continuously changing and fast-moving environment. You are strategic, creative and solution-driven. You have great communication skills.
Key to success is to thrive and develop in skills not only within the specialist area, but also in communication of risk, AML/CTF and KYC as well as in anchoring our role, mission and goals always having in mind that we need to be relevant and add value to LC&I’s business
Why work within AML office? – Robert Schönbeck, Head of AML Office, LC&I
As a former Client Executive, I completely embrace the client centric model which has become the hallmark of and key to success for LC&I since its inception, and I strive to keep AML Office as closely to the business as possible to ensure proactive and well-informed business advisory. Every member of the team is a highly competent specialist, and I believe in empowering the individual to act freely within the framework of our defined mission. I pay close attention to each colleague’s personal development and make effort to be a present and accessible manager without being invasive. On my team, your personal knowledge and expertise will be highly regarded and you will play a key role in the development of AML Office.
The recruitment-process is ongoing and interviews will be conducted continuously, so send in your application as soon as possible! Although the selection will be made purely on merit and personal qualifications, we particularly encourage female applicants.
We have done our media selection for recruitment and declines us therefore contact with ad sellers or sellers of other recruitment services.
Do you want to know more?
Contact the recruiting manager, Robert Schönbeck, phone +46858593441, or mobile +46705953441 or
Global Head of Client Lifecycle Management , Jessica Darnelius phone +460722256902.
Union representatives are Maud R Forsgren - Finansförbundet, +46706912094 and Madelene Utter - SACO+46 8 5859 3339.
Nothing of interest for you? – recommend the job to a friend!