Investment Manager Real Estate to Valad
Valad Europe is expanding and the company is seeking an Investment Manager to cover the Nordic real estate market.
As an Investment Manager, you will be a part of the Nordic Real Estate team. The role is created to support the growth plans for the business in the region and to generate, identify and capitalise on opportunities in the real estate market to deliver outstanding results for Valad’s existing and future clients. The company has significant growth ambitions in the Nordic market.
The position is based at the Valad office in central Stockholm and you will report to the Head of Nordics.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
- Independently or together with the Head of Nordics, source and screen potential opportunities, whether it being a single asset deal, or a portfolio/corporate acquisition.
- Identify business themes and create strategic business plans for existing and potential clients, in close cooperation with the Head of Nordics and the Fund Management team in London.
- Conduct investment analysis, and lead the underwriting and due diligence processes in close cooperation with various external and internal teams, i.e. Fund Management, Asset Management, Transactions, Private Equity, etc.
- Manage local client and investor relationships, as well as third-party relationships with agents, banks, business managers, etc.
- Lead the sales processes in line with the disposal strategy for each portfolio or mandate, in cooperation with the Asset Management team and selected external transactions advisors/brokers.
- Carry out performance calculation, hold/sell analysis and attribution analysis (using investment performance tracking tool).
- Participate in pipeline meetings held with the European teams.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Business administration, Economics, Real Estate or equivalent.
- At least 5 to 10 years of extensive transaction experience along with proven managerial experience.
- Experience from both the advisor side and the principal side would be an advantage.
- Highly motivated, proactive, and able to deliver against challenging targets with limited supervision and direction.
- Outstanding interpersonal and teamworking skills.
- Strong MS Excel skills, ability to review and conduct complex financial modelling (IRR analysis, total and relative returns etc.).
- Strategic and visionary with the ability to assess opportunities in a thorough and time-efficient manner. Excellent negotiation and business development skills.
- Great communication skills in English and Swedish, both written and spoken (Finnish is a plus).
- Ability to frequently travel throughout the Nordics, and occasionally through the rest of Europe.
Please submit your application through www.boardtalk.se. Questions should be directed to recruitment consultant Ola Everhed (tel. 070-7900106) at Boardtalk AB or Tomas Beck, Head of Nordics (email@example.com). The selection and interview process is ongoing so we are looking forward to receiving your application as soon as possible. Deadline for applications is 20 February 2017.
Valad Europe is an independent real estate firm, working in close cooperation with investors and banking partners; it is owned by Cromwell Property Group, a global real estate investment and funds manager, and one of Australia’s leading listed REITs.
Valad Europe manages real estate investments in the Nordic region and Europe, and the company specialises in commercial properties, retail and logistic.
Valad’s professionals use a hands-on approach and ensure the quality of the key functions – analysis, acquisitions, fund management and asset management. Valad is headquartered in London and has 22 offices in Europe, of which four are located in Sweden, Finland and Denmark. Valad currently has 15 employees in the Nordic region, focused on unlocking and utilising the inherent potential in real estate, resulting in superior risk-adjusted returns for the investors.
Valad’s core business is the operation and development of real estate investments and Valad’s local presence allows working closely with the tenants and other investors and business partners.
Read more at valad.eu