The Lending Department at NIB is seeking a Manager/Senior Manager
The Lending Department at NIB is seeking a Manager/Senior Manager to join the Corporate Lending team in the Transaction and Portfolio Management (TPM) Unit as a family leave substitute on a fixed-term contract until 30 September 2018.
The role of the TPM Unit is to evaluate, structure and execute new lending operations as well as manage, monitor and report on the existing loan portfolio. The Unit consists of 14 professionals and is organized in three product teams: Corporate Lending; Project and Structured Finance, and; Financial Institution, Municipal and Sovereign Lending.
The position is a specialist role and it involves participating in and leading transaction teams. As a member of NIB’s TPM Unit you can expect to be involved in several new deals each year and each transaction tends to be complex and professionally demanding. Additionally, you will manage a large portfolio of loan assets. The position involves considerable travelling both regionally and internationally.
The main functions of the position are:
- evaluating, structuring, managing due diligence, securing internal credit approvals, negotiating, and closing new lending transactions
- managing, monitoring and reporting on a portfolio of loan assets. The job involves working on transactions in a variety of industry sectors both in the Nordic and Baltic region and in emerging markets.
The transactions tend to be complex and professionally demanding. The position requires strong team-working and communications skills, a high level of individual responsibility, awareness of risk, and sound business judgment.
Successful candidates will be expected to demonstrate NIB’s core values: commitment, competence and co-operation.
Candidates should have:
- experience in NIB member country markets. Experience of emerging markets and transition economies is an advantage
- experience in corporate finance
- a university degree in Finance or Business Administration or another relevant discipline. An additional professional qualification, such as finance or accounting, is an advantage.
- a minimum of 3 years for the Manager position and 7 years for the Senior Manager position relevant experience.
- Fluency in English is a prerequisite. A working knowledge of one of the Scandinavian languages is preferable.
We offer you:
- An interesting and inspiring working environment in the heart of Helsinki that provides an opportunity to gain a new perspective on the financial industry based on our position as an International Financial Institution owned by the Nordic and Baltic countries
- NIB welcomes expatriate employees and their families, and will help in making relocation and integration as smooth as possible. Helsinki is a lively and modern Nordic capital with an international atmosphere.
Applications are also welcome from individuals interested in temporary secondment from other organisations with a business or mandate similar to NIB’s.
Information about the position can be obtained from Joseph Wright, Senior Director, Head of Transaction and Portfolio Management, tel. +358 10 618 001. For general information about employment at the Bank, please contact Joanna Södergård, HR Business Partner +358 10 618 001. The deadline for applications is 2 April 2017. To apply, please fill in the application form on NIB’s website, www.nib.int (Job opportunities).