Senior Financial Controller
7 dagar kvar
At NIB we finance projects that serve to make the Nordic-Baltic region more sustainable and competitive. These projects require a wide range of support activities in the different areas of the Bank’s operations. In order to fit into our team, you will be an accounting professional with an international mindset, who enjoys working in a smaller organisation where everyone’s contribution is important.
We are working in a changing landscape, with new standards regularly released, new products launched and new systems developed. In order to support such changes, we are seeking to strengthen our financial accounting team.
Your key responsibilities will consist of:
• Working in a team during the monthly, interim and year-end closing processes with an emphasis on IFRS-related topics.
• Supporting the financial accounting team in the preparation of external reports.
• Reviewing and validating all financial data reported externally, with a particular emphasis on ensuring the accuracy of the valuation and accounting of financial instruments.
• Continuously driving process improvements within the team and supporting cross-functional initiatives.
• Assisting with technical accounting research, particularly related to IFRS 9 and evaluating new GAAP or reporting requirements.
• Performing other duties that may be requested by the management.
To do this, you will need to work closely with other areas within the Bank including Treasury and Lending. It is important that you have a genuine interest in accounting and in IFRS in particular. NIB is committed to the development of its employees and the successful candidate will be supported in this regard.
• A Master’s degree or membership of an internationally recognised professional accounting body such as the ACCA.
• Experience in accounting for financial instruments in accordance with IFRS.
• 5+ years of work experience in banking, treasury accounting or audit/consultancy in the financial sector.
• Fluency in English is a prerequisite.
• Good problem-solving aptitude.
• Ambitious and results-oriented.
• An interest in learning and willingness to develop.
• Strong communication skills.
We offer you
An interesting and inspiring working environment in the heart of Helsinki that provides an opportunity to gain a new perspective on the financial industry based on our position as an IFI owned by the Nordic and Baltic countries.
NIB warmly welcomes expatriate employees and their families, and will help in making relocation and integration as smooth as possible. Helsinki is a lively, Nordic capital with a modern and international atmosphere.
Additional information about the position can be obtained from Michael Ryan, Head of Accounting (+358 10 618 001). For general information about employment at the Bank, please contact Carola Lehesmaa, HR Business Partner (+358 10 618 001).
The executive search firm Amrop is supporting NIB in the recruitment process. The consultants Mikael Edler (email@example.com) and Gustav Lund (firstname.lastname@example.org) will be pleased to answer any questions regarding the assignment.
Applications, together with a CV, should be submitted in English and emailed to email@example.com no later than 30 April 2017.