Growth Center Transport LSS Director
Lean Six Sigma Director
For our client Xylem we are seeking a Lean Six Sigma Director (LSS) with the responsibility to provide strategic, tactical and operational leadership to one of Xylem´s four Growth Center (GC) teams, Transport, in order to drive Continuous Improvement in operational excellence across the Growth Center and between Growth Centers and its stakeholders in Xylem.
Essential duties and position responsibilities:
Improvement roadmap definition and follow-up:
- Deploy, train and execute CI/Kaizens, perform deep-dives, Value stream mapping, data analysis and investigations as per needs.
- Support the teams in the identification, selection and prioritization of improvement projects and activities.
- Coordinate the improvement projects portfolio execution along the year.
- Develop an operational dashboard for capturing best practices across all Xylem-GCs and bench mark the best practices for lateral deployment across varied locations.
Improvement actions execution:
- Provide drive and guidance to the GCT managers, in order to utilize all GC Transport functional BBs, GBs and LPLs, as per GCT and Xylem needs.
- Manage directly the highest value/most complex LSS projects
- Provide specific support to India LSS re-boosting initiative and also to Shenyang.
LSS resources development:
- Give support to remove barriers and provide coaching to the functional project leaders in the GCT teams.
- Define and execute the yearly LSS training plan and provide coaching to the people being developed.
- The LSS Director owns the GC Transport savings goal and drives the teams to hit the target
- Coordinating, monitoring and reporting of key business metrics including initiation and tracking of counter measures as per needs
- Play a pivotal role with improving GC Transport KBM’s. Besides the LSS projects, support the GCT leaders in identifying and in driving processes improvements in quality, in transactional functions and in manufacturing.
- Review the customer satisfaction index of various GCT sites and drive LSS projects for improved customer relationships and business performance.
- Continuous Improvement is a highly prioritized area from the executive board why you will play an important role in the Growth Center Transport and in Xylem. You will also be offered an excellent opportunity for further development and an exciting career within Xylem.
Work location is in Sundbyberg or Emmaboda in Sweden. You will report to VP Operation GC Transport Xylem Europe GmbH and you must have the ability to travel up to 25% of your time, mainly in Europe.
Experience, education and personality
We are looking for a candidate with a Lean Black Belt certification and experience from a global company and a matrix organization. You have 10+ years’ experience of driving organizational changes within transactional and operational processes and a mindset that process improvements are continuous and always ongoing. A former career as a line manager and being part of a management team is a strong merit.
Excellent skills in both English and Swedish, oral and written, are essential to perform this work as part of a global company.
We are looking for a strategic thinker who is self-motivated and strongly committed to deliver results and with the integrity and courage needed to drive organizational and culture change. To be successful in this role you must have excellent people and communications skills; able to lead by example, influence and motivate others cross functionally and geographically.
Does this sound interesting?
In this process Xylem Water Solution is working with Level Recruitment.
If you have any questions please contact Nina Ahlström at 08-120 50 421.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Minimum Education Requirements: MS/MA Degree or Equivalent
Percent of Travel Required: 25%