Handling Manager (Stockholm Skavsta Airport)

Skavsta, Nyköping
den 19 juni 2017
den 15 juli 2017
Hillevi Englund

Stockholm Skavsta Flygplats annonsbildStockholm Skavsta Airport is Sweden’s third largest international airport and a gateway into Stockholm and the East Sweden region. The airport currently serves a total of 47 destinations, mostly served by Ryanair and Wizz Air. Passenger volume over 2016 was more than 2 million passengers.

90.1% of the airport is privately owned since 1998. The current owner is Airports Worldwide, a subsidiary of OMERS, a pension fund from Ontario, Canada, whilst the municipality of Nykoping owns the remaining 9.9% of the airport.

The airport company currently performs passenger and ground handling services in-house. Stockholm Skavsta Airport is looking for a candidate for the function of Handling Manager, heading a department of more than 80 full time staff.

The Handling manager is responsible for all aspects of managing the department with a view of ensuring safe, secure and efficient handling of passengers, luggage, cargo and aircraft, fitting within the strategic direction of the company, whilst contributing to that strategy. The Handling Manager is furthermore responsible for staffing of the airport's emergency services in accordance with defined standards. He/she communicates, on behalf of the company, with external parties such as authorities, airlines, suppliers and labor unions.

The Handling Manager conducts his/her business independently within the framework of the budget and annual plan and reports directly to the Managing Director.

Our ideal candidate is a seasoned or ambitious professional with handling experience within an airline, airport or ground handling company or similar and possessing the required management skills.

You are fluent in English and, preferably Swedish, and have experience in managing people and representing your organization towards 3rd parties. Important is that, whilst being solution oriented and acting structured, you have an eye for the human element. Of course you have knowledge of office software and you are in possession of a driver’s license. A background check by the Swedish Civil Aviation authorities forms part of the pre-employment procedure.

Your work is performed during daytime. Service at other hours, however, can occur.

Stockholm Skavsta Flygplats AB has a small, flexible, organization, aimed at producing efficient results and providing good opportunities for those displaying a personal drive towards efficient and good value-for-money service to its customers.

Do you have what it takes?

Expressions of interest with CV and cover letter sent by 15 July 2017, by email: hillevi.englund@skavsta.se