Scania Sustainable City Solutions Role: Business Development Manager
We are moving towards a city dominated world and urbanisation is increasing rapidly. Improving mobility becomes a necessity for dense cities with user friendly, reliable and sustainable mobility systems. Several stakeholders are pushing the shift from diesel to sustainable fuels and electrified solutions. At the same time, we see a shift from product focus to complete solutions.
In order to stay competitive and drive continued growth, Scania aims to become leader in sustainable transport by delivering efficient solutions. We strive to reduce congestion and noise, improve air quality and streamline logistics. At SCS we are in an explorative phase developing our business within the fields of smart city design, urban mobility, energy solutions and flow optimization.
Our Business Development team is now looking for a creative explorer who can turn opportunities into action. The role is dynamic, fast paced and include both creative thinking and concept development together with strong commercial aspects. Some travelling is required.
- Identify, investigate and analyze market opportunities within the city ecosystem
- Develop concepts and turn leads into business
- Create business cases, plans and presentations such as pitch decks, demos and digital mock-ups
- Visualize and communicate business concepts to internal and external stakeholders
- Secure feedback on market needs to product management within Scania
- Represent SCS in selected conventions, seminars and summits
In order to be successful in this position we think you should
- Be a creative innovator who excels in a dynamic environment with few pre-defined standards
- Be open minded and eager to learn about challenges for different stakeholders, new technologies & trends
- Have a strong entrepreneurial drive and be a flexible problem solver
- Understand business model mechanics and financials with an analytical mindset
- Be a team player who is self-motivated and works well independently
- Have a relevant academic education in engineering, design and/or business administration
- Have strong communication skills and enjoy interaction with different stakeholders
- Professional proficiency in Swedish and English both verbally and in writing
Entrepreneurial experience from a start-up organization or new venture within a larger corporation is merited, as well as experience with app- and digital service development.
We offer you a challenging job in a dynamic environment at the forefront of business development with good opportunities for professional and personal growth. We are located in the Stockholm City Centre.
For further information about this position please contact Johan Palmqvist (Head of Business Development, Scania Sustainable City Solutions), +46 8 553 703 81 or +46 70 087 81 89.
The application shall contain a CV, cover letter and an example of something you have created to solve a problem.
We will evaluate candidates continuously but due to the summer vacation the process will pause during week 28-31.
Please apply through http://www.scania.com/group/en/available-positions/ in order for us to get correct information. In case of problems during applying at scania.com, send Your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Important! Refer to Scania Job Id 20173155 in the headline and enclose Your CV, personal letter and relevant copies of grades (only in word or pdf-format). We also need Your full name, address, e-mail and cell phone no in order to register Your application. We will not manage incomplete mail applications.
About the job
- Title: Scania Sustainable City Solutions Role: Business Development Manager
- Business area: Managers/Project Managers
- Country: Sweden
- City: Sodertalje
- Last application date: 2017-08-18
- Job Id: 20173155
Scania is a part of Volkswagen Truck & Bus GmbH and one of the world´s leading manufacturers of trucks and buses for heavy transport applications. Scania is also leading provider of industrial and marine engines. Service-related products account for a growing proportion of the company´s operations, assuring Scania customers of cost-effective transport solutions and maximum uptime. Scania also offers financial services. Employing some 44,000 people, the company operates in about 100 countries. Research and development activities are concentrated in Sweden, while production takes place in Europe and South America, with facilities for global interchange of both components and complete vehicles. In 2015, net sales totalled SEK 95 billion and net income amounted to SEK 6.8 billion. Scania press releases are available on www.scania.com