Financial Controller - Senior Vice President, Real Estate Investment till EQT
EQT Real Estate is looking for a dynamic and commercial financial controller to join its fastgrowing real estate investment team. The fund has over €400m of AUM and is pursuing a value add/opportunistic pan European investment strategy. The position is based in Stockholm and the key jurisdictions of the current portfolio are France, Germany and Sweden. You will be able to travel once a week throughout Europe.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE ARE
- To provide an internal control function and to ensure that proper budgetary controls are enforced through out the investment life cycle.
- Providing internal control whilst supporting members of the investment and asset management team and building a relationship and working with our JV partners’ and property manager’s finance functions.
- To perform specific projects/ investigations as directed by the CFO, which may be accounting, tax, finance or commercial in nature.
- To support the CFO and other team members on acquisitions, disposals and other strategic and commercial initiatives.
- Finance and corporate representative on the investment team
- Understanding the business plans and strategy for each investment and staying close to the asset management team and the acquisition directors to ensure that the tax and debt structure support the strategy
- Working with the CFO and acquisitions director to drive the tax structuring and the debt for new investments
- Working with the associate to ensure that cashflows for completion are prepared
- Work with the GP to ensure equity funding is available for completion
- Preparation/review of completion accounts and numbers
- Support in the corporate aspects of execution (Board meetings, Completion accounts, advisory agreements, bank accounts, rental arrears, historic service charge reconciliation etc)
- Checking investment models to ensure they conform to tax structure, debt waterfalls, and they reflect the correct budgets for service charges, rental income and arrears
- Review key agreements from a risk management, operational aspect, tax structure and report on these to the CFO.
- Prepare operations manual in conjunction with the Associate and arrange for handover to corporate accountants and property managers
- Internal control- review of investment models to check actuals against budgets, obtaining clarifications for variations, budgetary control of projects, service charges , corporate costs, taxes etc
- Cashflow management for all investments - monitoring investment level disbursements and receipts and gather information to provide informed recommendations to the board of the investment, review of investment level cashflows
- Debt management which includes ensuring the debt reports are submitted on time and supporting the AM team in obtaining bank consents and additional drawdowns
- Internal audit support for investments that they are not responsible for
- Acting as first point of contact for all day-to-day financial for Property Managers and outsourced accountants in connection with investments.
- Supporting outsourced accountants in obtaining information from property managers to perform PropCo / HoldCo Accounting, and resolving issues with this process on an as-needed basis.
- Review of the business plans to ensure they tie back to the underlying detailed service charge and project budgets. Once approved handing them over to the property company accountants for monitoring
- Review and control of the development budgets with the AM team, understanding and reporting on variances.
- Monthly and quarterly reporting cycles – cashflows and management accounts
- Supporting in Tax Compliance and other regulatory matters.
- Facilitating other investment processes by providing relevant information and ad hoc support.
- Half yearly and annual audits
- Ensuring the corporate aspects are exit ready at all times
- Support the CFO and the Acquisition directors in ensuring a tax efficient exit
- Supporting the corporate aspects of exit
- Reviewing the key docuenmnts
- Cashflow management and distributions post exit
- Recording the sale in the accounts
- Monitoring post completion matters
QUALIFICATIONS AND SUITABLE BACKGROUND
- Excellent academic background and fully qualified accountant with +10 years of experience in a real estate division/fund or company.
- Able to communicate and work effectively with people with a wide variety of skill sets and of all levels of seniority. Interpersonal skills are key.
- Must be a dynamic, focussed individual who can adjust to working in a highly entrepreneurial but professional environment. Personable but firm, with confidence and ability to effect change.
- Well organised. Excellent attention to detail paramount.
- Able to combine a control of the detail with an understanding of the high- level strategic or commercial objectives/ issues.
- Understanding of the commercial aspects of Real Estate and how that ties into finance - awareness of Capex/development monitoring, property manager functions, Real Estate debt, tax etc.
Do you want to be a part of EQT real estate investment team? Please apply for the position at www.boardtalk.se. Interviews will be conducted continuously. For further questions about this position, contact Johan Magnusson (072-248 65 31) firstname.lastname@example.org or Malin Sager (tel. 073-690 36 05) at Boardtalk AB.
EQT is a leading alternative investments firm with approximately EUR 35 billion in raised capital across 22 funds. EQT funds have portfolio companies in Europe, Asia and the US with total sales of more than EUR 19 billion and approximately 110,000 employees. EQT works with portfolio companies to achieve sustainable growth, operational excellence and market leadership. EQT has around 460 employees globally, of which approximately 250 are within the investment advisory teams. EQT Partners AB and its affiliates have offices in Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Helsinki, Hong Kong, Oslo, London, Madrid, Munich, New York, Shanghai, Singapore, Stockholm and Zurich. For further information please visit www.eqt.se
ABOUT EQT REAL ESTATE
The team seeks to identify value- add real estate investment opportunities that allow to unlock underlying asset- specific value in European markets with promising rental growth outlook. The focus is on office assets in gateway cities with strong demographics driving above- average GDP and office based employment growth. The team envisages investing into more asset management intensive investments where strong “hands-on” value- creation skills are necessary. Value- add stems from an intensive and seamless asset management process with the aim to reposition the assets for their exit into the institutional real estate market