Group Tax Manager to Skanska AB
Skanska is one of the world’s leading construction and project development companies, focused on selected home markets in the Nordic region, Europe and USA. Supported by global trends in urbanization and demographics, and by being at the forefront in sustainability, Skanska offers competitive solutions for both simple and the most complex assignments, helping to build a sustainable future for customers and communities. The Group has about 41,000 employees. Skanska's sales in 2017 totaled SEK 161 billion.
Skanska´s Group Tax is part of the Management Reporting and Accounting Team.
The Group Tax Manager works for both the Skanska Group and the parent company. This includes tax compliance, tax planning and tax strategy. The position also oversees the group’s legal corporate structure.
The Group Tax Manager will work in close cooperation with a Tax Manager but also involves a lot of cross-functional collaboration. The work will be both domestic and international in its character and the position involves the following responsibilities:
- Establish procedures, processes and strategy for the Skanska Group Tax function.
- Support and lead the work of the Tax Manager at Skanska AB.
- Main contact person for income tax towards the organization, tax authorities and external advisors.
- Management and coordination of IFRS group tax reporting (both year end and interim), being the main point of contact for external auditors.
- Assist/support local tax teams within the Group, especially being close to the Swedish business units.
- Support with the tax analysis of the Group’s income tax expenses, effective tax rate, tax losses carried forward and paid tax.
- Identify, advise and analyze implementation of changed tax structure.
- Keeping up to date with relevant legislative changes and assessing and communicating the impact on the Group.
- Support the work of the transfer pricing process, reporting and update of transfer pricing documentation, local files and master files, CbC reporting etc.
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders on various business and tax planning matters including mergers, acquisitions, divestments, reorganizations etc.
- Be involved in discussions regarding legal company structure and capital allocation.
- Lead and coordinate international tax initiatives across the group.
- Being responsible for tax reports to Group CFO and the Audit Committee annually and on ad hoc basis.
- Establish, update yearly and execution of a group tax policy.
You will report to the Senior Vice President Reporting.
You have a degree in Law and/or Finance with a comprehensive knowledge about, and extensive experience from working with, Swedish and International tax.
Your skills most likely originate from tax consulting and/or from working as a Tax Manager in another international company. You have extensive knowledge of Swedish corporate tax law and experience from IFRS tax accounting as well as Swedish local GAAP. It is indeed a merit with knowledge in VAT and tax issues linked to accounting.
We value your leadership skills and you should have experience managing others. If you also have experience from the real estate industry this is a bonus.
You are fluent in English and have strong oral and written communication skills as you will consult to management, business units and work with external consultants.
As a person you have an ability to work independently, while being a team player. You are analytical, business- and service minded, structured, responsible, dedicated and proactive. You are also a good planner and know what and how to prioritize.
For further information about this position and the recruitment process, please contact Christina Singelman +46 (0)73 421 79 87, research consultant at Ogunsen Executive Search.
As selections and interviews are made on an ongoing basis, please send your application as soon as possible. All applications and personal information are/is handled with confidentiality.