Vattenfall is one of Europe`s largest electricity generators and producers of heat. We operate in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a roadmap aiming at achieving climate neutrality by one generation.
We are now looking for a Senior Group Controller to Vattenfall’s Group Control & Investor Relations team with location Arenastaden in Stockholm.
We offer you a position in a unique area within Vattenfall. Group Control & Investor Relations has an exciting mix of responsibilities covering target setting, management reporting, business planning, forecasting, investment controlling and external financial communication. We act as advisors to CFO as well as CEO and other parts of Group Executive Management. We work in close collaboration with Business Area Controlling, Strategic Development and other Corporate functions. The Group Control & Investor Relations department has high ambitions to implement best practice in everything we do. We believe that this is something that triggers you.
As Senior Group Controller you will deliver proactive business controlling, contribute to strategic and operational process development, work to enhance steering principles and act as advisor to the Head of Group Control & Investor Relations.
The role requires excellent communication capabilities, verbally and in writing, and the ability to lead and develop key processes in a fast paced and changing environment. We believe that you have a strong ability to deliver valuable and easy-to-digest insights from complex information. To challenge, lead and support people throughout the organization is also natural for you. Following years of experience in the controlling field you have developed a strong business acumen and credibility within the field. You possess strong stakeholder management capabilities and are able to build relationships at all levels of the organization.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- Lead and participate in development initiatives within Group Control & Investor Relations
- Perform excellent business analysis and bring conclusions to and challenge the Business Areas
- Participate in business planning, forecasting and follow-up processes
- Ad hoc advise within the field of expertise
- Contribute to the overall development of Group Control & Investor Relations including process development and management reporting
Your profile and personal skills
- A relevant bachelor or master’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least 5-7 years of senior business control experience
- Management consulting background and/or work experience with Big Four is an advantage
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deliver quality output in a changing environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Well structured, strong planning and organizational skills
- Process development skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Ability to challenge and lead
- Fluent English and Swedish, both spoken and written, is required. German and/or Dutch is a merit.
- Knowledge of the energy market and the utilities sector is an advantage
Location: Arenastaden, Solna. Some travel will be part of the job.
We offer a challenging and international work environment and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development. At Vattenfall we also offer staff benefits such as favorable occupational pension agreements, parental leave allowances, flexible working hours and more. Read more about our benefits here: careers.vattenfall.com/about-us/compensation-and-benefits/.
For questions about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Recruiter Teri-Anne Brink, firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about the position you are welcome to contact Hiring Manager Sahlqvist Johan, +46 722-26 40 51.
Trade union representatives in Sweden: Rolf Ohlsson – Akademikernas, Christer Gustavsson – Ledarna Leif Karlsson – SEKO, samt Anders Bohlin – Unionen. They can all be reached at switchboard: +46 (0) 8-739 50 00.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover through the portal, last day to apply is August 31st 2021. Selection and interviews are held after last application date. We do not accept applications through email.
At Vattenfall, we believe, that the only way to make fossil free living within a generation possible is to power and help manage all energy-aspects of our customers’ lives to create climate smarter living building by building, district by district, city by city.
Diversity and inclusion – in everything we do
Read more on how we work with diversity and inclusion here: corporate.vattenfall.com/careers/working-at-vattenfall/diversity/.